Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone build this aluminum mount?

Ok, I am submitting a design for a heatsink/mount that I need built for a processing chip. It is roughly based on an aluminum block that I have but I need it with some slight modifications. It is not for a laser but the project I want to use this for requires lasers.

Here is the aluminum block that I currently have:

P1040819.jpg

P1040822.jpg

P1040821.jpg

There are two 1/4-20 sized screw holes on the bottom where I screw in two shafts to mount onto a table:

P1040820.jpg

P1040824.jpg

P1040825.jpg

This is the new design that I want built. It is slightly bigger and has an extruded box where the hole used to be. The screw holes are not in the model but I need them there for the shafts.

aluminum.jpg

Ignore the little drill holes on the surface of the block. The block is 8 cm wide, 13.8 cm long, and 1.2 cm thick. All detailed measurements from my Autocad drawings are included in the pdf documents (you can hide/unhide measurements in the pdf's). The mount needs to be built to these exact specs with threaded 1/4-20 holes on the bottom for the shafts.

I really hope someone can make this. I need to have this piece to move forward with my project. Please send price quotes via PM and I'll take the most reasonable offer.

Any questions please ask. I try to be as detailed as possible.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• DMD_3Dheatsink.pdf
    1.7 KB · Views: 193
  • DMD_3Dheatsink_SW.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DMD_3Dheatsink_TOP.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 160
  • DMD_3Dheatsink_LEFT.pdf
    6.4 KB · Views: 153
  • DMD_3Dheatsink_FRONT.pdf
    9.3 KB · Views: 169

It is not for a laser but the project I want to use this for requires lasers.

You say what now? :thinking:

There are a number of machinists here, one of them should be willing to help you

What will this end up becoming if you can have this piece fabricated?

You say what now? :thinking:

There are a number of machinists here, one of them should be willing to help you

What will this end up becoming if you can have this piece fabricated?

It will serve as a mount for a DLP chip (Texas Instruments tech, blue-colored chip in my avatar). The extruded box thing will make contact with the backside of the chip where the switching mirrors are and will provide heatsinking and cooling. I am basically making a prototype DLP projector that uses lasers as a light source and I need a mount that both holds the chip upright and provide cooling at the same time.

Last edited:
Jayrob,flamingpyro, boscoj neighboors,Hemlock_Mike :D

One of them should be able to help.

I'll ask tomorrow what it would cost, but I usually don't deal with single item deals. It makes the price too expensive.

Yes I can make this part for you, ask RKCSTR about that I just made him some car parts ;)
PM sent