Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Can it be fixed?

Gabedini

I had bought an m140 with driver and leads from DTR a few weeks back and finally had put it in a host last week. I was working well and I was keeping the duty cycle fairly conservative (1 1/2 minutes tops). However when I turned it on to focus it differently one night it worked fine for about 5 seconds and then dimmed till it wasn't very bright at all, there was no focused spot just a dim circle of light. I assumed it was the batteries not working quite right so I let it sit over night as it was quite late and the next day tried some new batteries. it was slightly better but quickly I ran into the same problem. Thinking it was perhaps a connection problem with my solders (as I am not very skilled at soldering) I re soldered the joints but that had no affect, and then when I went to test it again it shut off completely and now won't start. In the more knowledgeable LPF community out there, what do you think I did? did the diode burn out? the driver break? or am I just an idiot? (which is quite possible) :eek:

any thoughts would be much appreciated

Last edited:

Gabedini

the heat sink was fairly good,, not perfect but it was ok.
the xdrive is the driver I have
and yeah, I'm sure the voltage was enough

Last edited:

NKO29

Try charging your batteries... I almost had a heart attack when this happened to me!
EDIT: i didnt read that you tried new batteries :(
EDIT 2: Still try charging your batteries if you havent... You didnt mention anything about charging :p

Last edited:

Gabedini

alright I'll try that. hopefully it works because I'd be pretty sad if it's completely busted.

Last edited: