Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can i use this to substitute diode?

can i use the diode in a cd player instead or is it too weak to burn matches?(personally i dont know how strong it is)

D

Deleted member 8382

and CD players/burners are IR, DVD diodes are RED.

You always need the burner to take a good diode. Also, the more speed it can burn at, the more powerfull it is.

oh.. i see...
Also can i find a dvd burner diode in normal computeres that are busted cause where i live,alot of neighbours throw out their computers which bust alot and so they have dvd/cd player and burning functions which i believe may work.So the next time they throw 1 out,should i grab the computer?

k1kb0t

Yes, the higher the burn speed the more power you will get from the diode. Look up the model numers on google to get the DVD burn speed. I would start with 16x and up.

i got a 32x samsung dvd writer combo, and i guess i will be experimenting on it laser hehehe

Oh god..
For my sake, and for your sake, DO NOT FOLLOW ANY OF KIPKAY'S LASER HACKS! They just plain don't work. Instead you might want to read around the forum a little more for techniques to build a laser with a driver, host, heatsink, etc.

ahhahahahahahahhaa its kipkay, more like kip*ay. read around here then try to make a laser :p

k1kb0t

Hey Flashback, DVD player diodes won't do. You want the diode from a DVD burner.

O_O.......you mean the ones in computers etc.?(cause it did look really different from the round ones i see so often....)

guys, it HAS to be from a DVD BURNER. No Players, and no cd burner diodes will work. The DVD BURNER must have a write speed of at least 8x to do something like light a match. Read the faqs, do some research.