Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

can anyone help me out??

i got a blu ray 405nm PHR-803T laser diode in a axiz laser housing and a blue laser diode driver... what ohm resistor do i need??
i got the driver from laserdiy.com i found the site from one of kipkays videos

Last edited:

daguin

i got a blu ray 405nm PHR-803T laser diode in a axiz laser housing and a blue laser diode driver... what ohm resistor do i need??

Where did you get the parts? What do you mean by a "blue laser driver"?

Do you have a link so I can see what you got. I cannot really help until I know what you actually have.

Peace,
dave

Where did you get the parts? What do you mean by a "blue laser driver"?

Do you have a link so I can see what you got. I cannot really help until I know what you actually have.

Peace,
dave

yea it was laserdiy.com

daguin

So is this the driver you have
LaserDiodedriver.png

If so you should not need a resistor. What you will need is a dummy load with which to set the current on the driver. Do a search of the forum here to learn about dummy/test loads. Build one. Use it to set your driver to no more than 110mA. Short the capacitor and THEN solder your diode to the driver.

After that NEVER go back to laserdiy.com again. Stay here and learn. After this driver kills your diode or it gets overheated and dies, you can build a proper one with the help and knowledge gained here.

Peace,
dave

So is this the driver you have
LaserDiodedriver.png

If so you should not need a resistor. What you will need is a dummy load with which to set the current on the driver. Do a search of the forum here to learn about dummy/test loads. Build one. Use it to set your driver to no more than 110mA. Short the capacitor and THEN solder your diode to the driver.

After that NEVER go back to laserdiy.com again. Stay here and learn. After this driver kills your diode or it gets overheated and dies, you can build a proper one with the help and knowledge gained here.

Peace,
dave

LOL @ Dave thats like a BOB-LASER 405nm driver wahehehe i got 20 of those! hehehe