Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Calculators

This is the 2nd Same Post I've seen this morning.....
That is considered Spamming the Forum...

Jerry

DrSid

Works now .. so basically it tells you you can use javascript to do a calc ? I thought I will be able to create the calc to be hosted on that server ..

This is the 2nd Same Post I've seen this morning.....
That is considered Spamming the Forum...
Jerry

Somehow the other thread posted to 'general' instead of OT, where it should have been. Couldn't delete it, so I made a new one here. :)

But yes, essentially I'd like to make a big collection of javascript calculators, one that could be downloaded for offline use by anyone. I figured making it a collaborative project would help get things done faster.

rhd

So.... basically this isn't really "request a calc", it's "we're requesting that you write a calc and send it to us" ?

It's whatever you make of it. When I have time to spend I'll write calculators, but anyone else can write one too if they wish.

DrSid

I'm actually thinking about calc .. will try over teh weekend ..

DrSid

I put some formulas into a script .. since the link in first post does not work, I simply host it at my server .. check it out ..

http://roger.questions.cz/lasers/calc.html

The computed divergence is theoretical, no one says your laser must meet it. Near distance is distance, at which the beam is as thick as at aperture. It can be focused thinner on distances smaller than this.
I'd like to add safe distance estimates, but I don't know the norms. Somebody has a link at hand ?

Last edited: