Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CajunLasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor

And he has 2W+ diodes! Awesome! I'm gonna order a bunch, and then request a refund for all that do not output 2W.

Yeah, I thought that was a little misleading on the website. Er, a lot misleading.

Unless he bins them - which I highly doubt? :undecided:

-Trevor

clif

[RE: Re: CajunLasers
This looks like the modwerx store software... any connection?]

Both Drew and I use the Zencart program, it's free, and so is the color black for the template. :)
No affiliation between the stores.

Last edited:

clif

My comment was directed at his eBay sales (that Fiddy said he was buying from). In any event, the comment would also hold for items on his website that are NOT "kits."

I do not care in the least if someone makes a fair profit. I neither said anything bad about him nor about his customer service.

My only comments were that the things that he was selling on eBay (and now some of the things I looked at in his website) are available for less money from members here (and/or other eBay sellers) and that this "review/report" from the OP was premature.

Peace,
dave

Dave, specifically which items I have listed on eBay and in my store are you speaking of? I think all my prices are on par or better than many eBay sellers and websites. My service speaks for itself, top rated seller - eBay member since 2000, 100% positive feedback.

benmwv

Well I still think some of your prices are a tad high, but I didn't realize your heatsinks/host came with an axis module, a charger, and a battery.

I personally think you should sell the batteries, chargers, and axis modules separately then knock ten to fifteen off the price because most people already have a good charger and good batteries and spare axis module. I know I would rather it be cheaper and I just get the host and heatsink than pay more to get a random charger and a cheap xxxxFire battery that I don't need.

clif

Well I still think some of your prices are a tad high, but I didn't realize your heatsinks/host came with an axis module, a charger, and a battery.

I personally think you should sell the batteries, chargers, and axis modules separately then knock ten to fifteen off the price because most people already have a good charger and good batteries and spare axis module. I know I would rather it be cheaper and I just get the host and heatsink than pay more to get a random charger and a cheap xxxxFire battery that I don't need.

Benmwv, I will certainly consider this idea, I tried to make a more complete kit for people so they don't have to go all over to find everything they need. And some people rather the 16340 batteries vs 18650 so they can use the linear drivers. (which I do swap up at no extra cost upon request)

This is the kind of constructive imput I need to make my store better, as opposed to the random "your prices are too high" ;)

Last edited:

daguin

Dave, specifically which items I have listed on eBay and in my store are you speaking of? I think all my prices are on par or better than many eBay sellers and websites. My service speaks for itself, top rated seller - eBay member since 2000, 100% positive feedback.

I am not your marketing department.

If you truly think that you are at par with the pricing of the members here and other eBay sellers, you are searching or recognizing selectively.

I didn't imply that you should alter anything.

Charge whatever the traffic will bear.

I let a member here know that there were lower prices available.

Peace,
dave

Ill give you a few examples

Helping hands tool [3RDHND] - $9.99 : Cajunlasers Store
| Helping Hands
Laser host universal tripod clamp [CLMP] - $9.99 : Cajunlasers Store | Universal Clamp Mount for Tripods (Holds up to 3.8cm Thick Objects) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Starfield Diffraction Grating 1000 lines/mm 2 pack [GRT1000] - $3.99 : Cajunlasers Store | Diffraction Grating Slides - Double Axis 13,500 line/in
Silicone Aixiz module lens cap GREEN [LNSCPGRN] - $0.75 : Cajunlasers Store | Green glow in the dark lens covers for laser focusing module [M0011] - $0.49 : Modwerx Shop

Those are just a few. I could find a lot more if I wanted to
---------------

445nm 2 Watt + blue laser diode from DLP projector [2W445] - $43.99 : Cajunlasers Store <-- if I buy one of these and it LEDs when I drive it at 2 watts will you replace it at no cost to me?

Last edited:

clif

The helping hands tool IS priced on par with any other laser store. Harbor freight doesn't sell lasers, and also charges quite a hefty shipping amount, which brings us a lot closer than you think, if you don't believe me buy one today. Or if you're argument is you can just go in the store, there's not exactly one around every corner like a gas station.

The tripod mount, quite naturally on many things you can find cheaper in China. The difference here is you order from me, if you're in the US you get it in a few days. DX is well know for their long shipping time, 4-6 weeks average in my experience - and many times they ship half your order to you, and leave you a little note saying we were out of stock on these items, even though their store showed in stock. Plus their customer service department isn't what you call top notch if you ever dealt with them. Sometimes you get what you pay for, or don't get it.

The diffraction grating will cost you $20 for a MOQ of 50 from rainbow, how many people need 50 gratings other than sellers? sounds like you guys have an agenda here for some reason.

Lens caps, .49 cents from modwerx vs. .75 cents, oh thank God you just saved someone 26 cents! lol
OK I just changed all my lens caps to .49 cents, happy?

As far as diodes, not many sellers give diode warranties, I don't either. I have no control over what is done or how a diode is handled once it leaves my hands. I've sold many a diode to many a customer that are still running 2 watt builds strong. I also warn about the shortened life of the diode at that power level.

What else? Come on, really? No wonder I don't post here much, too much hostility toward people that are not in the click.

The helping hands tool IS priced on par with any other laser store. Harbor freight doesn't sell lasers, and also charges quite a hefty shipping amount, which brings us a lot closer than you think, if you don't believe me buy one today. Or if you're argument is you can just go in the store, there's not exactly one around every corner like a gas station.

The tripod mount, quite naturally on many things you can find cheaper in China. The difference here is you order from me, if you're in the US you get it in a few days. DX is well know for their long shipping time, 4-6 weeks average in my experience - and many times they ship half your order to you, and leave you a little note saying we were out of stock on these items, even though their store showed in stock. Plus their customer service department isn't what you call top notch if you ever dealt with them. Sometimes you get what you pay for, or don't get it.

The diffraction grating will cost you $20 for a MOQ of 50 from rainbow, how many people need 50 gratings other than sellers? sounds like you guys have an agenda here for some reason.

Lens caps, .49 cents from modwerx vs. .75 cents, oh thank God you just saved someone 26 cents! lol
OK I just changed all my lens caps to .49 cents, happy?

As far as diodes, not many sellers give diode warranties, I don't either. I have no control over what is done or how a diode is handled once it leaves my hands. I've sold many a diode to many a customer that are still running 2 watt builds strong. I also warn about the shortened life of the diode at that power level.

What else? Come on, really? No wonder I don't post here much, too much hostility toward people that are not in the click.

You asked about prices, and I gave feedback to you.

I understand that HFT has a large shipping fee (and I have one 1/2 mile from my office, but I know that not everyone does).

I understand that China has a long shipping time, and that is the price of getting stuff cheap from them

However, I dont think it is fair to charge 300% more (not counting shipping from you). The helping hands are $13 shipped from you or $5.50 from HFT. That is a lot more.

With the diodes, I know that no one warrantys them, I just think you are overestimating them by claiming they will all do that

I am not complaining, I am just providing feedback for you.

daguin

I understand that HFT has a large shipping fee (and I have one 1/2 mile from my office, but I know that not everyone does).

I understand that China has a long shipping time, and that is the price of getting stuff cheap from them

However, I dont think it is fair to charge 300% more (not counting shipping from you). The helping hands are $13 shipped from you or $5.50 from HFT. That is a lot more.

With the diodes, I know that no one warrantys them, I just think you are overestimating them by claiming they will all do that

He doesn't want "help."

He simply assumed that the membership here was just as ignorant as his eBay customers.

Instead of reading and listening, he wants to "argue" us to be what he wants us to be.

And BTW, we DO have "an agenda." It is to protect and assist the membership here.

I wish you luck, Cliff

Peace,
dave

do you think clif pays the same price as harbor freight???? So why should he charge the same... now that said, just like dave says it is still more money and traffic will tell.

Don't try to argue a point that isn't relevant.
compare apples to apples. go find another hobby level store and see what they might be selling helping hands for. you might as well compare cliff to wal-mart.

Unless you are just trying to publicly flog the guy. Then by all means have at it.

michael.

do you think clif pays the same price as harbor freight???? So why should he charge the same... now that said, just like dave says it is still more money and traffic will tell.

Don't try to argue a point that isn't relevant.
compare apples to apples. go find another hobby level store and see what they might be selling helping hands for. you might as well compare cliff to wal-mart.

Unless you are just trying to publicly flog the guy. Then by all means have at it.

michael.

I get what you are saying, I am just supporting others who are saying that Cajun Lasers has high prices. Yes, I think that when you are selling to a (mostly) smart community, 300% markup is unreasonable.

So yes I am just trying to "publicly flog" him, and explain to people that there are cheaper sources.

I get what you are saying, I am just supporting others who are saying that Cajun Lasers has high prices. Yes, I think that when you are selling to a (mostly) smart community, 300% markup is unreasonable.

So yes I am just trying to "publicly flog" him, and explain to people that there are cheaper sources.

it might be 300% higher than hft but you don't know what he paid for his inventory. you kind of vilify him unfairly.

i just don't like seeing some body get picked on with out all the facts being known. you can inform with out being a meanie head.

michael.

Wow. Some of you guys are coming off a bit harsh. I understand that the original post came off as spam, since the OP hasn't received his purchase yet, but I don't think anyone is saying that Cliff made that post.

I just got my small shipment of stuff from Cliff today. I'm happy with the lens caps, defraction gratings, and heat shrink tubing I got. He shipped really fast and has been helpful and quite easy to do business with.

Could I have found this stuff cheaper elsewhere? Maybe, but I wouldn't have gotten it as fast, and I know for a fact no one has had any GITD blue dust caps for quite some time.

In the interest of full disclosure Cliff did send me a free GITD cap prior to me purchasing from him, but you can't buy my opinion for .99 cents. :p (He knew I was looking for some awhile ago, and had no luck tracking them down)

I think part of the issue is that Moh has been spoiling us for so long with rock bottom prices.

The diode presses are the first thing that comes to mind. I think Moh was around $5.00 for these and now Cliff is selling them for $10.00. I don't fault him for that markup. That's about the range I always felt that you have to mark things up if you are going to make money in any field. I may be wrong, but I think this is still $5.00 cheaper then Jeff sales his for. :shrug:

I'll be giving Cliff some more business, as I need other things.

Fiddy

His prices are very reasonable, and its a lot more convenient to buy all of your parts in one place, that's where you can save money on postage.

In my opinion if you are worried about a couple of bucks (and sometimes cents) here and there, then you shouldn't be a laser hobbyist.

Fidz.

daguin

His prices are very reasonable, and its a lot more convenient to buy all of your parts in one place, that's where you can save money on postage.

In my opinion if you are worried about a couple of bucks (and sometimes cents) here and there, then you shouldn't be a laser hobbyist.

Fidz.

That's one of the reasons that there is more than one store ;)

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.