Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

C-mounts anyone?

Morgan

Hi All,

Doing a bit of ebay cruisin' after another LPF tip off and came across these: LOT 20 NEW LASER DIODE C-MOUNT PACKAGE JDSU / COHERENT - eBay (item 390166258947 end time Apr-05-10 03:59:45 PDT)

Don't know the going price for C-mounts just off hand but £10 each didn't seem bad to me. (Ok, so you've got to buy 20 but a few friends together maybe ...?)

Says they are ideal for green DPSS so they seem to think they are 808nm. (I think it mentions blue DPSS as well. Is that 808nm too?) I've asked the seller to confirm wavelength so will post if new info turns up.

M
:)

No power rating, no FAC. Seems a bit of a gamble to me, but could be good. Anyone want to email for more information?

Morgan

I've emailed asking for confirmation of wavelength. It seemed to me that only if they're 808nm did any other questions become relevant.

Still waiting on reply...

M

Morgan

The reply is...

"Sorry, we don't know any more about this item"

... Not very encouraging. Anyone going for this will be taking a risk.

Would've been good but not knowing even the wavelength says they're hoping for a gambler.

Sorry, but I ain't that gambler!

Thanks for reading.

M

HIMNL9

Uhmmmm ..... i cannot be sure, ofcourse ..... but, looking the second pic that they have on the description ..... only 2 wires, from the lead to the chip ? .....

As i've said, i cannot be sure, but the few 1W c-mounts that i've used til now, had all 4 wires and the chip a bit more large ..... can be 500mW or less c-mount diodes ?

I've seen this item before on eBay... and at one time IIRC...
the LDs were listed at 980nm...

For <$200.00 I can get a guaranteed 3Watt 808nm from snoctony...

Jerry

Morgan

Hiya,

I personally haven't dealt with C-mounts at all so the 2 or 4 wires info was handy HIMNL9.

Anyone else after a guaranteed 3 Watter 808nm then follow Lasersbee's excellent advice and steer clear of the potential bummer that I posted...:yabbem:

Thanks for the input guys.

M

On a slightly related note, does anyone here sell visible high-power C-mount reds (excluding heruur)?

3zuli

On a slightly related note, does anyone here sell visible high-power C-mount reds (excluding heruur)?
don't know about anyone here, but CNI sells some (635 and 655nm). try contacting glenn (scopeguy20) if he could get some info about them

Last edited:

Morgan

... or see Lasersbee's post #6 ^. Snoctony may be an avenue to try for visibles too.

M