Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

C-Media Sound Card CM106 USB 2.0 - 5.1 ch.

Hello, friends.

I Have C-Media Sound Card CM106 USB 2.0 - 5.1 ch.
I want to know if I can connect the modules laser of my projector, without having to use The correction amp kit and to use in their place the controls of the modules that you can see in the following images.

1zc3lom.jpg

34nskyc.jpg

The adjustment the same as tells tutorial construction DAC / Sound Card?

In the event of not being able to use them, where I can find the diagram of the circuit and the list of necessary components for their construction?

I want to obtain the maximum yield of Software with the material that I have, but Ishow is too bad.

Best Regards and God bless. .
Juanma.

Unfortunately no, the signals from the sound card itself are not suffient to drive galvo amps. The output capacitors on the sound card must be bypassed and the signal must be boosted.

Thank you.

Where I can get the diagram of the circuit and the list of components?

Best Regards.
Juanma.

The audio outputs produce a voltage from 0 to ~4.6V, with the 0-point of the wave at 2.3V or so. You'll need to use a correction amp (look at Benm's design) to center the voltage at 0V, and to have it swing from +5V to -5V. After that it'll work fine.

Also note that in contrast to my other statements on the forum, I've found that the CMedia sound card simply doesn't work with surround sound on Windows 7, even if it shows it as a multichannel card with full range. I've only been able to use the other channels in Linux (I don't have an installation of Win XP running to test it either). So you'll be stuck with only driving X and Y, not any color channels in Windows 7.

Thank you.

I try to look for information to build correction amplifier.

Best Regards.
Juanma.