Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying X105

I'm thinking about buying an X105 within the next day or so. Is there anything I should know before I order? Is the case and the lightyear points worth the extra $20? Does it come with any of those liquid sky optics or anything?

Thanks

M

MirrorLaser

I have one and I love it, I cant find anything bad about it.......

MirrorLaser said:
I have one and I love it, I cant find anything bad about it.......

Should I just get the X105 alone or with the case and lightyear points?

M

MirrorLaser

JacKz5o said:
[quote author=MirrorLaser link=1191897258/0#1 date=1191897326]I have one and I love it, I cant find anything bad about it.......

Should I just get the X105 alone or with the case and lightyear points?[/quote]

I got it alone.... but if you get the light years, you can get http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=5&idproduct=44 for like $2........... and the case is great for carrying laser arround, altough its kinda big, the dragoncase would be better just to carry arround your poket, the case that laser comes in is more for long trips

Rhith

I say get the case, and if you must get a dragon case for pocket carrying. If you don't like the case from Nova I'm sure someone (myself included) wouldn't mind buying it from you!

MirrorLaser said:
[quote author=JacKz5o link=1191897258/0#2 date=1191897515][quote author=MirrorLaser link=1191897258/0#1 date=1191897326]I have one and I love it, I cant find anything bad about it.......

Should I just get the X105 alone or with the case and lightyear points?[/quote]

I got it alone.... but if you get the light years, you can get http://www.novalasers.com/NOVAstore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=5&idproduct=44 for like $2........... and the case is great for carrying laser arround, altough its kinda big, the dragoncase would be better just to carry arround your poket, the case that laser comes in is more for long trips[/quote]

Nice, the grating slides look cool :D

I just ordered the x105 and the Shields Sport glasses last night and should be getting them Thursday or Friday.  I went ahead and got the case and LightYears.  If you think about it, you're going to pay an extra $20, but get the case and $10.55 credit with Nova.  Plus, you ge the membership, which will allow you to get more LYs on everything else you buy so you can get more free stuff ;D Obviously, I'd go with getting them ;).

Also, if this is your first order, you can give someone referral LYs (10% of your order.)  Just mention their email address in the Comments/Questions form when you're ordering.

Last but not least, use the promotion/discount code "warp5" (the LPF code) to get 5% off.

Good luck! :)

Oh yeah, I forgot - you also get 15% off of Optics, Accessories, and Crystals with the membership, which can help out on later purchases.

Mountaineer said:
I just ordered the x105 and the Shields Sport glasses last night and should be getting them Thursday or Friday. I went ahead and got the case and LightYears. If you think about it, you're going to pay an extra $20, but get the case and $10.55 credit with Nova. Plus, you ge the membership, which will allow you to get more LYs on everything else you buy so you can get more free stuff ;D Obviously, I'd go with getting them ;).

Also, if this is your first order, you can give someone referral LYs (10% of your order.) Just mention their email address in the Comments/Questions form when you're ordering.

Last but not least, use the promotion/discount code "warp5" (the LPF code) to get 5% off.

Good luck! :)

Yep I ordered it with the case and the lightyear points :p

What if I just put my referal's name but not their email? Would they still get 10%?

LarryQ

As mentioned above

The case is really nice...and well worth the 20 bucks...

It really protects that laser, and cradles it like the little jewel it is!!!

Can't wait to see your lasers specs!!!

LarryQ

yes that is the dragon case
if you have an x-series from nova
you need the executive or pulsar dragon case

do NOT get the evolution. it is too long for a CNI laser

me_too_lazy said:
yes that is the dragon case
if you have an x-series from nova
you need the executive or pulsar dragon case

do NOT get the evolution. it is too long for a CNI laser

Ok thanks. Any difference between executive and pulsar? What does CNI stand for by the way?

hm - i'm sure an executive used to be listed as 13x150mm, the same size as a CNI, but now it's listed as 13x144mm. newer model? my executive's only 1mm shorter than my pulsar... the pulsar is still listed as 13x150mm, same size as a CNI, i'd go for the pulsar dragon case.

LarryQ

It is the name of the company that manufactures the laser.

Changchun New Industries Optoelectronics Tech. Co., Ltd. (CNI)