Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

buying one of DDL's circuits

mw1111

i have decided not exactly to just buy a modded flashlight, but instead have someone build ddl's circuit. (im assuming that it will run completely fine with a 150-160 mW diode....) as senKat advised me, i will be making this a labby so this circuit does not exactly have to be miniscule. ill consider all offers!!!

LarryQ

Doesn't Senkat offer a "Kit" on his order page?????

If so...this would be a great time to make one for yourself!

Unless you are talking about Daedal's circuit that uses (2) LM317 chips for both voltage AND current...

I was going to make up one or more of those...but could not find the proper pots for the circuit!

By the time I was even close....I was having to buy 10-12 units of each component to get the price even reasonable!

Parts alone were going to run @ 30-35 bucks for a complete unit!

And I was never able to source Pots that have decent specs AND were 1 watt!!!!

ANyone that got one of Dae's prebuilt voltage/current units..got one heck of a deal!!!!

I can't build them for less than he charged!!!

If he put them up for sale again TODAY..at the price he charged...I would buy 4-5 of them without batting an eye!!!!!!

LarryQ

mw1111

hmm. all i really want is to be able to run this diode without burning it out, and being reasonably assured of that at least. i have seen senKats DIY kit for ddl's circuit, but i cant solder to save my life and im just sure that ill break it. the rest of the job i can do, but soldering is too much right now with my carpal tunnel acting up

BlueFusion

I'm pretty sure if you ask Daedal or SenKat real nice, and pay them a bit, (I'd go for DDL no offense greg) they will build one up for you.

mw1111

hmm, do ya know how much Daedal will charge? if its about 30 or a little more i suppose i could live with that

mw1111

well, it says on the site that they are sold out, but im going to buy one, it looks real nice and sturdy

Daedal

They are... ;)

Ask any of the current owners... I have one that I use for all kinds of testing as well :)

--DDL