Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying Laser off of Aliexpress?

You need to fill out your profile and add your location so it showes under your name before asking a question like that or no one will answer you. People here are in countries all over the world. Different countries have different laws and limits on power for importing lasers.

Alan

Hmm sounds like a place to be avoided. :crackup: Please tell me your not buying a really cheap 532nm from China/Hong Kong, if so you may be back here 10 days after it arrived asking why it quit working. First thing don't buy a cheap 532nm, buy a really expensive one, they break easy if you drop it, they are temp sensitive and a little unstable as far as the output. If you buy something cheap buy something other than 532nm green.

If you buy off AliExpress you can't trust the stated power, there's a good chance it's total BS. Be aware it can take a month or more before it arrives when shipping from China/HK.

To answer your question, yes you will almost certainly get it, be sure no Li-Ion batteries ship with it, that puts it at risk. If you buy from any company on this list then there is some small risk it will be seized by customs: Import Alert 95-04
But most make it through ok anyway, so if you want to go for it.

Alan

So I can buy the laser from China and then I should buy the battry in the States?

Last edited:
So I can buy the laser from China and then I should buy the battry in the States?

Yes that's correct, if it uses rechargeable Lithium Ion/Li Mn as most do then yes. If a laser ships with those batteries it is far more likely to be examined by customs. Those batteries are also not allowed to be shipped USPS. Be sure to buy a proper charger and be aware that Ultrafire are the cheapest brand and lowest quality batteries. You should also buy proper safety glasses for whatever wavelength laser you buy, you will need them to look at the dot or focus or when burning with the laser. Charge your batteries before using them, they usually ship uncharged. I buy my batteries here: Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More! and also on Amazon, both good places to buy a charger too.

Alan

The cheap 303-based 532nm lasers I've got are still going strong, despite some duty-cycle abuse, it's luck of the draw from China. I did have one green one off Ali that had the IR beam coming at a funny angle from the diode and the crystal in front of it glued at an odd angle too, got a refund on that rubbish though!

I always buy things from Aliexpress, most users told that they sell chinese crap, all you need do is know how to choose:

-> First look at the product rating, that tell how happy the buyers are with the product.
-> Look at the comments, you can find some good information.
-> Look at the seller rating, this tell about the reputation that it have.
-> Search, you can find the same product, with different prices.
-> Think, you will be happy with the product?

Remember that those are cheap lasers, not on spec, but will work perfectly for the price.

Last edited: