Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BUYING Gatlin laser host

I don't know too much about the host, but I do have it and I'm not sure how easy it is to gut. I know you can't just screw off the lens at the top. Good luck if you try this mod though, perhaps there is a tutorial, but I haven't done the research on it.

creeg

You can get it at o like to but it will cost mores but at least you know it is the real deal at o like

I don't know too much about the host, but I do have it and I'm not sure how easy it is to gut. I know you can't just screw off the lens at the top. Good luck if you try this mod though, perhaps there is a tutorial, but I haven't done the research on it.
i'm planning to send it to jayrob or some other "professional" DIY-er

You can get it at o like to but it will cost mores but at least you know it is the real deal at o like
i dont really care about the laser quality, i just want the host

u will receive the package at focalprice but it takes about 3 weeks.
thats fine
DX usually take 4-6 weeks anyways :/

DX Sells it in a Flashlight.:D

Check there site out. I think it takes 18650 battery.
THANKS FOR THE TIP!
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/xg-v3-...t-with-8x-f5-led-colorful-light-1-18650-55005
however, still an expensive flashlight :p
cheaper than the FP laser though
thanks again! :beer:

EDIT: just noticed that the DX version is longer, less "fat" and has less barrels around it
still hoping someone has this host laying around :)

Last edited:

creeg

If you are going to gut the thing and change the module you will most probably not get the waterproof effect

rhd

The DX flashlight also has some very tacky multi coloured LEDs.

That thing is fugly!

Jayrob - smelt it down and make some diode presses out of it!

Sorry blue bumblebee, I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck...post pics if you get something going on in that "flux capacitor" carrying case/ coffee grinder.

Last edited: