Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

buying from dinodirect

Hazard

Before I go any further, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure where this thread should be posted...

Ok so for my first laser pointer, I wanted to buy a 200 mW one from dinodirect shown here:
200mW 532nm Mid-open Green Laser Pointer Pen (2 x AAA) - DinoDirect.com
The only problem is that I'm not sure if it's actually 200 mW since every other 200 mW green lasers seem to be bigger and have that flashlight shape rather then the pen shape. So my question is if anyone thinks this is actually legit or not. Thanks for the help :thanks:

It might be, dinodirect has been proven by some forum members to be "legit". Then again, I don't think they've tested this particular one. Shape/Size have nothing to do with the power at 200mW, as far as I know. Welcome to LPF!

EDIT: Remember, don't be stingy on the safety glasses! :D

Hazard

Cool, I've only been suspicious because the price seemed a bit too good to be true and it looked like it should be bigger. Thanks for the help

EDIT: Hmm looking at the picture of the beam more closely, it seems that it's not as solid and the dot looks like a star rather than a dot... that's bad right?

Last edited:
Thats nothing. Besides they use that same picture with other ones, so its not that exact laser, they aren't easy to make ya know! :)