Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying First Laser?

Months ago I had posted on here asking about which laser to get and such, thinking I wanted a Spyder III, which is probably WAY to powerful for a first laser.

Everyone recommended to start off smaller. Someone had linked a 20mW that was only around $10, but they didn't ship to US so I couldn't order it. They mentioned maybe trying Price Angels, and they have a $20 50mW, but I heard that they're not a good company to order from. (By the way, these are green lasers I'm talking about....I figured I should start there)

I'd like something at least decent for my first laser, but I don't know where to order from? Could someone help me out?

Trevor

Get a pen from Optotronics. Or Novalasers. :)

Laserglow has them, but all <5mW.

-Trevor

What mW should I go with? Also Optotronics seemed kinda expensive compared to other prices I've seen, although the others are probably not as nice as these. And the Novalasers are even more expensive.

I think for your first laser you can buy it here:

Green Laser Pointer

So far the announced power is true enough, the prices are good and pretty fast shipping. If nothing changes.

Edit: Obviously as you know, you need to buy some goggles, of course.

Last edited:

Trevor

Optotronics ships from within the US and has excellent quality control.

Novalasers ships CNI products from Canada also with excellent quality control.

If you don't want to spend the money for something from Opto, Nova, or LG it's your call - but their QC is by far the best around. Buying directly out of China is going to be really hit-or-miss.

-Trevor

Months ago I had posted on here asking about which laser to get and such, thinking I wanted a Spyder III, which is probably WAY to powerful for a first laser.

Everyone recommended to start off smaller. Someone had linked a 20mW that was only around $10, but they didn't ship to US so I couldn't order it. They mentioned maybe trying Price Angels, and they have a $20 50mW, but I heard that they're not a good company to order from. (By the way, these are green lasers I'm talking about....I figured I should start there)

I'd like something at least decent for my first laser, but I don't know where to order from? Could someone help me out?

DO NOT buy from China. I bought a couple lasers from China and while both of them worked they were no where near the power they were suppose to be. I also had an WickedLaser Arctic 1W on order and cancelled. I went to the buy/sell area on here and ordered a 1W at a much better price and most likely a much better product. I don't really care about a fancy host, as long as the laser works good.