Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying absorbing laser goggles

Buying not reflecting, but absorbing laser goggles. How much and where or from who can i buy?:)

Thanks!

why do you want absorbing laser goggles?

And you can get them at lazerer.com and survivallasers.com

greetings,,

indeed! better not use the laser with others next to you! or give them glasses too!

greetings,,

survivallasers.com is about lasergames. quite a bit different.

and are you sure the lazerer.com t-rex goggles are absorbing and not reflecting? it doesnt state it.

Last edited:
survivallasers.com is about lasergames. quite a bit different.

and are you sure the lazerer.com t-rex goggles are absorbing and not reflecting? it doesnt state it.

All goggles will reflect some portion of light back.

The ones from survivallaser.com (No "s") should work fine.

The ones from lazerer.com are an unknown at this point. They are however also absorbing as opposed to reflective.

I have to note though... if you're worried about reflections bouncing from your goggles into other people while you're wearing goggles and lasering... something is off with the whole scenario.

Last edited:
All goggles will reflect some portion of light back.

The ones from survivalaser.com (No "s") should work fine.

The ones from lazerer.com are an unknown at this point. They are however also absorbing as opposed to reflective.

I have to note though... if you're worried about reflections bouncing from your goggles into other people while you're wearing goggles and lasering... something is off with the whole scenario.

thats true but just wanting the savest method for in the shelf, instead of my now ebay goggles that reflect like 100%.

And the link you gave me didnt work, although i found it by adding an L :p

EDIT: are there also less expensive ones that has absorb capabilities?
These are kinda expensive with the shipping costs.

Last edited:
Reflections off laser safety glasses are unaviodable as it's just another glass/plastic surface. If you can be hit by a beam in the face anyone should be wearing glasses anyway.
Most laser safety glasses work by absorbing the light, only very expensive glasses use special coating to reflect the light (I only have one pair of those and >15 pair absorbing). That can only be done one way right so there is no way you can trust china stuff on that. But I'd recommend real laser safety glasses anyway (that means certified).
What wavelength and power are you looking for? I always have some spare glasses for visitors, so I could sell you a pair. Shipping won't be much.

Last edited: