Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying 5.6mm .5w + LD's

Looking to buy red or infrared, custom sized LD's that are rated 400mw's +. Either high power red, or .5w-1w++ infrared

I don't think you'll find the power you're looking for in a 5.6mm package. If you do they'd be really expensive. Try a 9mm, or c-mount. I have a 500mW pen style IR 808nM laser if you're interested.

That's a lot of power dissipation for such a small diode package, I don't think you'll find anything more than 500mW. Even 9mm diodes are only limited to like 2W CW

Oh my mistake, i guess i was looking for a 9mm. Although i have no experience with them. What module do they use?

Ok, i'll skip the aixiz mod. Thanks for that link...but, what do you guys use? As far as a suitable module? And once that is done, what about focusing? Lens?

If you're looking for 9mm IR diodes, I can sell you a batch of some grab bag ones. They're various powers from .5W up to maybe even 1.5W or 2W (slowly raise amperage and see how much current it needs to lase, then base it's max power off of that), and various wavelengths. As for module, I'd say any of these should be fine (many members have used their modules): Meredith Instruments