Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buy Lasers Locally?

simp

I live just outside of Jackson, MS here in the good ole US of A. I was thinking there has to be some store here that sells laser pointers. (Other than Radio Shack) If I were going to try and find a local store, what would I search for? Would it be a special electronic shop or something? Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm sure someone here has to carry an assortment of lasers.

well you won't find anything more than 5mW in America, but Canada may have some (Laserglow and NOVAlasers are based there) I live 12 minutes from the bridge to Canada ;D I would Recommend Novalasers for the Penstyle and the Alpha is a great laser from them and it's legal in America. and laserglow or dragonlasers would be better for the bigger lasers. Optotronics is good too and I think he's in America. :p

Like max said, you aren't going to find any pointers over 5mW in the US. The only store that I know of that sells green lasers is RS, and those are a rip off.

though the radio shack ones actually can be pot modded, one of my friends did it but it's not much ~40mW still a rip off for the price though it can only burn through the cheap thin walmart bags and maybe a sharpied thin tiny balloon if you can hold it steady

simp said:
I live just outside of Jackson, MS here in the good ole US of A. I was thinking there has to be some store here that sells laser pointers. (Other than Radio Shack) If I were going to try and find a local store, what would I search for? Would it be a special electronic shop or something? Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm sure someone here has to carry an assortment of lasers.
about the only thing your going to get in the US is a 1mW-5mW red, i doubt you'll be able to find a place that sells green. all though you go to a law enforcement store and but a laser gun sight if your that desperate

simp

Thanks for the feedback all.  How can the online stores on Amazon.com sell 50mW lasers if they're banned here?  Thanks.  

simp said:
Thanks for the feedback all.  How can the online stores on Amazon.com sell 50mW lasers if they're banned here?  Thanks.  
Well novalasers alpha and nova series lasers are legal as are all of laserglows lasers the rpl from optotronics is legal too

simp said:

Drugs and paraphernalia are illegal, but they still get sold all over the place.

If you just want a 5mW green, go to Dealextreme (DX). www.dealextreme.com If you want more power than that, I would recommend Novalasers/Optotronics for green, or to just build it yourself for violet or red.

-Mark

simp said:
Thanks for the feedback all. How can the online stores on Amazon.com sell 50mW lasers if they're banned here? Thanks.
i don't know how, but they do, i got my 20mW which was supposed to be banned, i guess i never really wondered how they do it, but I'm not complaining.