Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

buy from DL lately?

Just curious to see, i purchased a viper 125 from them on the 31st and it still hasnt shipped. they told me they were running behind and it would ship wed or thurs, well no word from them today. im wondering if there having issues or i just have shitty luck with china cause this kinda thing keeps happining to me.
:thanks:
Dave

Hey Dave,

I ordered a 95mw Viper from DL on 1/5/10 and I had the same problems as you with shipping. Apparently they are running behind on their quality control. I recieved notification that my order had gone from "processed" to "complete" this morning. I'm not sure that means the laser has actually shipped, but I am assuming it does since they sent me a tracking number with it. I've read that Dragonlasers is typically fast with shipping, but sometimes things happen thats all. Let me know when you get yours in the mail!

i got my tracking number yesterday but it wouldnt wrk til today. said they shipped it this morning and its currently in bejing or just left. shipped by wierd company called tnt, i live in us and never heard of them before which is odd as i work for ups. anyway it seems all is good...for now

Thats strange, never heard of TNT either.

Mine is coming via the US Post Office, so maybe by the time the next leap year comes around I'll get my laser in the mail.

All it says in the tracking information was that my order has "been accepted."
The last time I ordered anything from overseas, the US Post Office handeled my item once it arrived here. Their tracking information updates are HORRIBLE. I got an update that my item arrived in NY, 4 days after it had actually arrived. It then took them another 6 days to ship my item from NY to MA. I would much rather have UPS handel my laser then them. At this point I'll be shocked if I actually get my laser delivered by the end of the week.

ya usps sucks at imports and rarely try to track them as the numbers dnt match up with there systems very well. TNT must not have any centers in the US and therefor hands off to the postal service upon arrival, mine still says in tranist from bejing which i suppose means its on its way to US. DL products usualy arrive to US in 10 days from date shipped i suppose you should recive your laser in that time maybe a day later. im hoping to get mine by the 23rd but TNT has no delivery date. I belive for the moment that were better off with tnt cause ive had lasers shipped by china post standard and they really suck. its taken them 22 days to deliver in the past and high dollar lasers are always marked used electroincs less than $5-id hate to think what would happen if they lost it.

Yeah, we probably are better off with USPS, but still, they are horrible. UPS has better updated information with their tracking, and they are faster, I wish they were handeling this order.

If you go on dragonlasers.com and read reviews, you'll see that almost everyone raves about how fast the shipping was.

I wonder what the h#ll happened here. Because it seems like their shipping is slow, and not just for this time of the year.

Atleast your tracking information gives you a location on where your laser is... mine simply says "order accepted" at the given time. With any luck we'll get our lasers before the next blue moon...

Just got a shipping update,

"We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

They haven't even shipped it yet!!.

Well, with any luck it will be in the US by tonight/tomorrow. Then it's gotta go through customs, and then the Post Office takes it from there. So if all goes well from there, I should get my laser....2-3 weeks from now.

Now, I'm not bashing on dragonlasers by saying all this, they have been really helpful and they're pretty good about replying to emails and answering questions. I'm sure this laser is a great product, I just wish their was a way to select who handels your shipping once your item arrives in the US. I would probably get my laser on Monday-Tuesday if UPS was handeling it.

well dnt give up you mite get it before you think i just checked tnt and the laser has arrived in NY jfk airport yesterday and has already cleared customs and is in transit again. i suppose the post office has it now and thats the end of my tracking but who knows. so far tnt has done very well they got my laser here in 2 days now just another month for usps to try n figure out what to do with it.J/K i bash them to much. any way im now hoping to get it by monday.
15 Jan 2010 17:03:28 New York Jfk Airport Shipment In Transit.
15 Jan 2010 16:53:05 New York Jfk Airport Shipment Received At Transit Point.
15 Jan 2010 14:36:53 New York Jfk Airport Shipment Received At Transit Point.
15 Jan 2010 02:05:06 New York Jfk Airport Shipment Released From Customs.
14 Jan 2010 03:46:43 Beijing Shipment In Transit.
so if all goes well now and it comes by monday ill have to say im pretty impressed, just the fact that its in the US already is rather shocking. and as far as the DL reviews go dnt be surprised if they put those reviews up themselves to support business its been done before. i will post when the laser arrives, good luck to you and let me know when you get yours.
Dave

laser arrived today Hand delivered by TNT, which is awesome cause postoffice is closed today cause of holiday. So i talked to driver and apparently TNT does have centers in the usa. It came in a TNT delivery van. They have hubs in NY and MD-bowie bwi and baltimore. The laser arrived in 5 days from date of shipping. Im thrilled with the speed and DL is getting a good review. Laser is super bright cant even look at the dot without glasses. excellent quality more of this coming in the review. I gotta tell you im pretty impressed if they shipped it when the were supposed to id a got it 2 weeks ago. Id imagine tnt will deliver yours as well but im not sure as they mite not have centers in MA. Now i half expected this and was correct, in order to fool customs the laser is marked as a 12 dollar fountain pen and looks like one too, mine came without a warning sticker which i suppose was to keep up the pen ruse. however i belive it is up to specs just by looking at it compared to my 50mW green, but i will test it when my cousin finaly brings his laserbee over. will post review later on after playing with it in the dark. Pics will acompany the review!!!
Good luck with yours im sure youll be pleased.
Dave

Hahaha I live in Australia and every second truck is a TNT truck... They are a popular sub-courier. The main post here is australia post and I'm pretty sure TNT is a sub-courier for them, for rural and batch orders. They are a good company never heard anything bad about them...

Very nice man, glad the wait is over for you.

As of now the status for my laser is;

"We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

So it probably hasn't left China yet. Idk why its taking so long to ship it out, it's been the same status since the 14th.

If the product is good, DL will get a good review from me when I get it. But as far as that "fast shipping" goes.... yeah not so much.

yea he is rite send a email to Frank@dragonlasers.com, he would be more than happy to look into your order. it sounds to me like DL hasnt shipped the laser but has already got the tracking number and package ready to go. i still belive though ive been told otherwise that DL is backordered from CNI or is doing a order when ordered setup so they arent putting money out on lasers that will just sit around for a while especially higher power ones that cost more. if you email frank he will most likely send it express to make up for the delay, thats what they did for me and i got mine in 5 days from date of shipped. 5 days from china to my doorstep is unheard of even for tnt or ups.
good luck
Dave

So Frank told me via email that the shipping status won't change until it arrives at my local post office.

I have to give it to DL though, they always get back to me when I have a question almost right away. I am not blaming the slow shipping on them at all.

I just checked my tracking info, my laser arrived in NYC on 1/16/09, so I should be getting it like... today!! Or atleast by the end of the week.

I guess USPS is just slow at updating their tracking status...