Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Button problem with Alpha 125

Ok I don’t know if this is really a problem but it seems like one
The harder I press my button down the brighter the laser gets..... This is fine in all that I can control the brightness with the amount of force I press down but you kind of have to press down pretty hard to get the full out put.... now I don’t know if this is normal or not that’s why I am asking. I thought it was suppose to be either on or off not variable. Well at least my dx is that way and my lead light was to
Here is a video of what I was talking about

Thanks for any help or comments and if you have any questions just ask….. I love this laser now with the new batteries I got…. Would hate to have to send it back :(

Attachments

• CRMV0001.AVI
    5.7 MB · Views: 44

Also the laser has to be warmed up for about 10-30 seconds before it does it. befor this period the switch isnt sensitive it acts like a on off but after it warms up it becomes variable

even more noticable in the diffraction grating

Attachments

• CRMV0003.AVI
    8.2 MB · Views: 42
? no answer? ummm does any body's laser do this? whare you are able to adjust the power of the laser just by how hard you press?.
I think it may be getting worse becaus i have to press down pretty hard now to get it to lase full power

Yeesh... that doesn't look too good. The button probably isn't making good contact... I would recommend NOT pushing down any harder and contacting NOVA about this. I dont think that is normal. My cheap 5mW broken reds do that if it makes you feel any better :p. but seriously, try not to press any harder and email NOVA. You might need to send it back...

NOOOOOO...... I just stard to like this thing..... treated it like a baby :( ....... guess i will contact nova.... dont get me wrong i am not making this complate becas their service sucks wtich it dosent its acutlay really good its becaus i just startd to like this laser now that i got it some new batteries and and it lights matches to bad for that darn button.... o well gues we will just see what they want to do.

thanks
michael

do they replace the laser and send yours back to the factory and give you a higher out put one, or do they fix it their at nova and give you the same laser back but some how with better specs?

LarryQ

Being that you already have an Alpha 125...I don't know how they will be able to give you one with better specs....

They sure aren't going to upgrade to a Nova 200 (the Next Higher power laser they offer)...that would be trading a 400 dollar laser for a 800 dollar laser!

However, it is up to them how they handle the laser...
They might just swap the switch and re-test..or they may just swap out the laser.

Make sure to send them the video links..that will help them determine the problem...
Larry

Just from reading the threads of people sending lasers back to Nova for repair, it seems that if it's something they can do in house they usually will and then send the same laser back to you (as appears to be the case in the link I posted ^x3) provided it still outputs at least what you paid for. If they can't fix it in house, it seems that they find you as close a match as possible, equal to or greater than the original specs of the unit you're returning.

Just give them a call, I'm certain you'll have no trouble at all.

That’s another thing; the out put seems to be not the same all the time. like some times I fire it up and its about 1/2 its bright ness I let it sit for a wile and it will do the variable switch thing and then when it gets turned on for a wile (minding the duty cycle) it will act normal or it will keep being variable, and other times it will be perfectly fine not being variable at all and puting out full brightness. Now all of these symptoms could and hopefully are the switch. If not I don’t know what could cause the out put to vary so much, any body know?

: ) and It would be cool if they upgraded me to a nova 200 :p. not going to happen but would be cool : )

Thanks and I guess I have to wait till Monday : ( ….. I tried to call them at 5:30 central time but I guess they close at 5pm eastern time o well still got the diffraction grating to play with my dx : )

ok the alpha is all boxed up and ready to ship out with its RA number on the box.... yes they issued me an RA number as I guess lasers aren’t suppose to be adjustable like that but would be cool if you had maybe a little volume switch or something so you could change the bright ness but anyway yes its boxed up and ready to ship out 2nd thing tomorrow afternoon when I get out of skool..... Ashamed to see it leave.... figures it’s my luck you know being lucky with the dx lasers but when I buy a good quality laser it messes up. What’s up with that? Anyway I hope they take care of me hate for them to say they count find the problem and send it back :|

Anyway thanks for all your help
Michael

Rhith

What are you talking about with lasers not being adjustable?
How about all the potentiometers on our DIY lasers?
The RPL adjustable tail cap?
C'mon now!

But I'm just trying to give you a hard time and hope you get an even better laser in return!

ya but thos take tools i am talking about a volume style turn nob thing so you could adjust it right their on the spot : )

I hope so to but it dosent look like it considering its probly just a switch their possibly just going to replace that and ship it back to me : ( o well i still like the laser its nice with bran new batteries : )

Gazoo

Sorry to see your laser go back...it sounded awesome aside from the switch problem. Let us know when you get it back and if you are happy with everything.. :)

lol no idea why i wount be happy. their a great company and very responsive : )
cant wait to get it back but becaus i only shipd it priority 6-14 days its going to be awile :| darn lack of funds