Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Built in battery rechargeable pen

11h7684.jpg

My gf got me this off of eBay for my b-day this past October & i wanted to wait a month to make sure it didn't crap out before writing about it lolol. But it was only $15 and was a U.S. shipper so i got it in three days :D What's unique about it though is that it has a built in rechargeable lithium ion battery. Great APC too as it goes from it's top brightness to completely off when it's time to charge. You can see it has the blue LED indicator which i love on pointers, and it also has a separate red LED in it for a charging indicator. It can also still be used when it's on the charger. Not to shabby for a cheapy pointer! I don't have a LPM and this is your typical labeled as 5mW pen, but it packs a punch! No real burning power, but can make electrical tape smoke after about ten seconds, and can light a match when using a magnifying glass. It's prolly in the top three best divergence lasers of mine too which impressed me. It looks like a small dot from even far distances. The beam is highly visible indoors and is clear as you'd expect outside in the dark :) even in low light you get a beam. It will start to sting skin if you can hold it steady enough too. I recommend this highly for it's quality and impressiveness. Plus it's cheap too so if it breaks you can just order a new one in a different color XD Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Not a bad idea to have a rechargeable battery built in. :) Do you have a working link as your eBay link goes only to the main page?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Euphonious. :) Cool, I might have to look into getting one. Problem is, it has a lithium battery built in so wouldn't be able to ship it to the UK as is. I tried looking for one, but with no luck.

BobMc

That's a really neat idea! Original, never seen or heard of a custom build one that's rechargeable. Inexpensive too, can't beat that!!

Last edited:
There's 405nm ones on aliexpress that light matches in the picture, but it's a universal picture & hard to believe a $15 405nm pen lighting matches at infinity. Maybe a 301... And that's a big maybe lmfao