Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Built a couple of green have lens question

midias

This last weekend I decided to build some green lasers. I had an extra crystal assembly from one of dead overspec greens and I ordered a 10mw green case from ebay along with a 300 mw IR diode. After decanning the ir diode I put it in the assembly and behold the great green light.

Then the fail happened I decided to put it in a host and I decided to solder it to another brass heatsink. In the process I melted the glass lenses and am now without. The beam is still ok but not nice. But my fail has inspired me to create another green with a 1W IR diode. I really want the correct optics but I am afraid for the plastic lens assembly in a standard green module. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

udanis

This last weekend I decided to build some green lasers. I had an extra crystal assembly from one of dead overspec greens and I ordered a 10mw green case from ebay along with a 300 mw IR diode. After decanning the ir diode I put it in the assembly and behold the great green light.

Then the fail happened I decided to put it in a host and I decided to solder it to another brass heatsink. In the process I melted the glass lenses and am now without. The beam is still ok but not nice. But my fail has inspired me to create another green with a 1W IR diode. I really want the correct optics but I am afraid for the plastic lens assembly in a standard green module. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

1 watt of ir is a lot of power. O-like.com sells some optics that would work although I do not know what is the max power they can handle.
Linky

This might help too: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/do-yourself-complete-green-dpss-o-like-crystals-42495.html

Last edited: