Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

building red laser 250 mw 660 nm

ARG

That diode will fit in any 5.6mm module (aka aixiz modules), you can find one for cheaper on ebay.

and i need goggels for this laser, someone can give me good goggels in the price of less then 10$ from ebay?

Good goggles are not cheap. You wont find ANY good goggles for less than 30$ I wouldn't trust shitty 10$ goggles. If you have to use cheap goggles I guess these are better than nothing.
Green Safe Glasses 600-750nm Orange Red Laser pointer Ray Eye Protection Goggles | eBay

harel1

The aixiz module from amazon will work? I want from amazon because I have 15$ from gift cards

AUS

The amazon aixis already has a diode in it, you will have to unsolder the driver from the diode and press the diode out first, and then press the new diode in. You CAN punch it out with a hammer or something if you don't want to keep it, but you might ruin the module if you aren't careful.

You are better off getting a blank aixis module, they are pretty cheap on eBay. You can press the diode in with a vice and a nut or pile of washers if you are careful. A proper diode press tool will cost you about $16.

The other thing is the driver. That amazon module has a driver for a 5mW diode and you won't get much power out of the eBay diode if it even lights it at all. You will need a driver that will put out about 250-300mA to drive the diode to full power. Dont even think about hooking the diode up directly to a battery as the diode will just draw too much current and destroy itself.

I assume you have access to soldering tools to solder the driver onto the module?

harel1

I have soldering tools and can you give me links to the driver? And the other things that I will need?
Sorry for the bad english, I'm from Israel and I not very good at English

harel1

thank you, which one you think is better?and can you give me some kind of tuturial how to build this laser?its my first build
thanks for the help

AUS

Sorry been out of town on business. Take your pick, I haven't used either and eBay is the luck of the draw. One thing i will advise is to put some nail polish or glue on the pot after you set the current correctly so that it doesn't move on you and put too much current through the diode.

If you search the forums for "driver" you will find some drivers here that members have for sale as well. You don't need a "Boost" driver with a red diode, either a linear one or a "Buck" driver. Boost drivers are to boost up the voltage from a single 3.7V cell to the 5 or 7 volts required for violet & blue diodes.

harel1

ok but can you give me some kind of tuturial how to build this laser? even pictures will be good,its my first laser build
and i didnt understand what you mean about the boost drivers

Yes the laser will pop balloons and also light matches and cut black electrical tape if the output is 200mw and your driver is set to right amount. And those goggles are most likely bad but they could.end up working. Its better to spend more because its better to not be blind and spending a some more $ or spending a little money but have the risk of getting blind if an accident happened. And your last question...No, be careful of those misleading listings don't rely on your decision from the picture. In the picture it makes it look like it comes with a driver but I'm almost completely sure that it doesn't come with one red description and if that isnt good contact the seller for it or find another seller w/ better listing. Sorry I can't provide any links to help you out more as it was already hard enough on my
mobile device. They really need a mobile view for this site :)

harel1

i didnt understand what you mean, you think that the laser module comes without driver?
because it says in the description Structure Laser Diode+Driver+Brass host+Lens
in the table

i didnt understand what you mean, you think that the laser module comes without driver?
because it says in the description Structure Laser Diode+Driver+Brass host+Lens
in the table

oh my bad sorry :eek: as i said i was on mobile device so i briefly overviewed the page. well ok nice find :) it looks like it will serve as a good first build (i'm assuming) the heatsink may be a little small but it should be fine if you dont need unlimited duty cycles or extremely long ones and the driver won't need to be heatsinked either. only problem could be seller... his feedback is good but its from china. that means it could take a very long time to ship probably 25 days atleast and up to 30 (assuming you arent very close to china) but hey i havent checked the feedback so maybe it will come quick! and you also want a host to put that in. looks like it is a linear driver so it requires 2 battery cells to function (someone correct me if wrong). so your checklist is too get some glasses for 650nm and a host to suit your build (unless its a labby) also ordering the piece ;)
:beer: Justin

harel1

this laser goggels will work? Green Safe Glasses 600-750nm Orange Red Laser pointer Ray Eye Protection Goggles | eBay
and i think its nedd 2 AAA batteries no? and if i use 2 AA batteries inside a battery holder like this úåöàåú çéôåù úîåðåú á-Google òáåø http://media.shopy.co.il/shops/1392/products/p135436m.jpg
it will still work good?
and i dont have problems with thime, i also live in Israel.
and you can maybe find to me ann host? even a flashlight that i could put the bateries and the module in him using the spring version of the module.
its normal price for this laser module?
thanks for the help :)

edit: i found 2 AAA battery holder:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Battery-h...504?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1c893440
this one will be ok?

Last edited: