Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Building a simple white laser, possible or unrealistic?

If I took three diodes, either RGV or RGB, and placed them in a single house, could I not simply shine them through a mirror or lens that would point the beam at a single point?

I would not expect it to have a low divergence, as the colors would surely separate after a long distance, but why could a simple white laser not be possible?

(I saw a laser RGB laser light show, the light frequently overlapped into a white beam)

you need to use dichros (like in the white fusion kit). you could combine them using a prism but that is easier said than done.

If I took three diodes, either RGV or RGB, and placed them in a single house, could I not simply shine them through a mirror or lens that would point the beam at a single point?

I would not expect it to have a low divergence, as the colors would surely separate after a long distance, but why could a simple white laser not be possible?

(I saw a laser RGB laser light show, the light frequently overlapped into a white beam)

It would be nice if it were so simple. Keep thinking and do some research you may develop something new, you never know. I have been working for 4+ years on a "combiner module", spent thousands of $$$$, hundreds of hours, gone through 4 prototypes, Acad models, consulting experts, market research, patent research and filing, testing testing and more testing. It's a long process but will surely pay off. Soon enough I will be unveiling the first "production" model, so keep your eyes open for something new!

Morgan

It would be nice if it were so simple. Keep thinking and do some research you may develop something new, you never know. I have been working for 4+ years on a "combiner module", spent thousands of $$$$, hundreds of hours, gone through 4 prototypes, Acad models, consulting experts, market research, patent research and filing, testing testing and more testing. It's a long process but will surely pay off. Soon enough I will be unveiling the first "production" model, so keep your eyes open for something new!

I have one of those too...

What footprint and output are you getting?

M
:)

Last edited:

M

M

Well volumetrically speaking, the combiner is under 55 cubic cm (it's cylindrical). Capable of combining either 3 12mm dia. aixiz modules or 2 12mm dia. aixiz modules plus one 12mm dia. dpss module. So output capabilities are only limited by the power of available "standard" 12mm modules and the transmission losses of available "combining" optics. I can and have made an even smaller version, however, to retain long duty cycles without active cooling this size has proven to be optimal.

Prototype #3 testing with carbon mask to hide the proprietary bits.
3555-awesome.jpg
3549-output-aperture-cover.jpg

So what do you have? Please share it with us!:beer:

Last edited:

ARG

If you plan on doing this search for "Chroma" it can help you get the perfect color balance.

Morgan

Well volumetrically speaking, the combiner is under 55 cubic cm (it's cylindrical). Capable of combining either 3 12mm dia. aixiz modules or 2 12mm dia. aixiz modules plus one 12mm dia. dpss module. So output capabilities are only limited by the power of available "standard" 12mm modules and the transmission losses of available "combining" optics. I can and have made an even smaller version, however, to retain long duty cycles without active cooling this size has proven to be optimal.

Prototype #3 testing with carbon mask to hide the proprietary bits.
3555-awesome.jpg

So what do you have? Please share it with us!:beer:

Weird? The images weren't in the original post but seem to have copied in the quote I can see as I write this. (I wonder if they're in the post when I post it?) [EDIT: Nope. I can see links to your albums when I quote or edit but not in the live post. :thinking: . Is the one you mean the variation on the White Fusion without the heatsinks using a sled for a chassis? Nice work if it is the one in your, "Laser Creations", album. Bit of a different solution to the one I have but tidy in size.]

Similar sort of size for the cylindrical version. Bigger for the display version but that has some other electronics in too that hopefully can be shrunk to go into the handheld but assembly on that one has yet to properly begin.

I haven't tested a dual RGB module display setup but it's built with that option in mind and the aim would be close on a Watt.

I did share the first prototype setup a while back but decided to remove the pics as a precaution. I'm sure you'd understand that too ;) .

I will obviously post when the handheld is complete but I need some milling time for the casing. Internals are to hand but, "some assembly", required at present! :crackup:

M

P.S. Thanks for quoting me twice, but once was enough! :D

Last edited:

mfo

Do let me know when something becomes available :)

Weird? The images weren't in the original post but seem to have copied in the quote I can see as I write this. (I wonder if they're in the post when I post it?) [EDIT: Nope. I can see links to your albums when I quote or edit but not in the live post. :thinking: . Is the one you mean the variation on the White Fusion without the heatsinks using a sled for a chassis? Nice work if it is the one in your, "Laser Creations", album. Bit of a different solution to the one I have but tidy in size.]

Similar sort of size for the cylindrical version. Bigger for the display version but that has some other electronics in too that hopefully can be shrunk to go into the handheld but assembly on that one has yet to properly begin.

I haven't tested a dual RGB module display setup but it's built with that option in mind and the aim would be close on a Watt.

I did share the first prototype setup a while back but decided to remove the pics as a precaution. I'm sure you'd understand that too ;) .

I will obviously post when the handheld is complete but I need some milling time for the casing. Internals are to hand but, "some assembly", required at present! :crackup:

M

P.S. Thanks for quoting me twice, but once was enough! :D

The images are copied from a private album. There are absolutely no sled parts involved, and all lasers have quite adequate heat sinks. This is purely my own design, something completely new. I'm sorry I missed the first prototype I would have loved to see that:D. Best of luck to you, can't wait to see what you've got!:beer:

Do let me know when something becomes available :)

Absolutely, will do. Thanks for taking interest.

Morgan

The images are copied from a private album. There are absolutely no sled parts involved, and all lasers have quite adequate heat sinks. This is purely my own design, something completely new. I'm sorry I missed the first prototype I would have loved to see that:D. Best of luck to you, can't wait to see what you've got!:beer:

Absolutely, will do. Thanks for taking interest.

Can you see the images you posted? I can't see them...

M

^ Oh yes, I can see them, sorry guys let me move them.

Here:
3555-awesome.jpg

Remember this one is prototype #3, then came #4, then pilot production and finally production.
^
^
^

Last edited:
Reactions: rhd

rhd

A cheap 532nm module running at 140mW, with a 600mW 405nm 12x, and an HL63133DG 200mW 640nm would produce an astounding nearly 1W white beam with fantastic specs (similar beam characteristics, no multi-modes used)

Wow. I hope this initiative doesn't take too long to get into production mode.

mfo

^ Oh yes, I can see them, sorry guys let me move them.

Here:
3555-awesome.jpg

Remember this one is prototype #3, then came #4, then pilot production and finally production.
^
^
^

Looks promising. What kind of driver do you have in there? If you can't tell, does it at least have multi-color option or is this strictly a white build?