Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Building a laser project

Spyke

Hello everyone! :wave:
This is my first time visiting this lovely forum, and it seems great! But i have a bit of difficulty finding my way around this place.

As i am a "do it myself" kinda guy, im very interested in building myself a portable laser. I found some great creations around here, but as you may understand, i need a bit of "in depth" tutorial, breaking steps down.
Now i dont know if anything like this is already here, but as this is my first laser build, i would like to be pointed in the right direction.

Now please understand that this will not be the first laser i own. And i have a full understanding about how dangerous these things can be.

What i would like is a easy (?) to make laser, but still have some juice, im thinking maybe 1,5-2w. Size and looks are not that important to me, as long as it's easy to work with, and is portable.

I dont know how you guys are used to dealing with these kind of questions, but some links to relevant items, and maybe a existing tutorial on how to put them together?
Thanks!

For a first laser this is a bit too powerfull :tsk:

1.5W - 2W , so I believe you talk about a blue laser? (hard to create a portable laser of 2W in red, green, yellow etc...)