Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build me a laser

Hello everybody!!! Nice to meet you all! I'm new to the forum and I hope this is the right section for this post... let me know if not ;)

Im wanting to pay someone (paypal only) to build me around a 1w blue laser.
But here is the catch. *I need it in a "pen" style.
I was looking around and found Blord did build one that was I believe just above 1500mw.
That thing was a beast but it just looked so innocent lol. I loved it!
Anyways im looking for the same thing maybe a little less power if makes it easier.
I live in Los Angeles so I would prefer someone in the US to make it better for the shipping but im open to other offers as long as I reveive the laser lol!

Please let me know what you guys can do. PM me if you wanna discuss the price for the build and what not!
Thank you!!

We want to get to know you, please properly introduce yourself in the "Welcome Thread" :yh: . The members of the community will be more likely to help you. You need to get yourself some decent goggles, I personally chose Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles Without the proper eye gear and safety precautions you can easily blind yourself and others. Just out of curiosity why would you need such a powerful laser to look so innocent?

Gun

Welcome :)

Why would you want a 1W laser in a pen style? There's not going to be much room for a heatsink. Blord is a very good builder, there's also a list of trusted builders on the "Owning your first laser" thread, I believe.

Last edited:

Laik

I just don't see why you want to put a 1W diode into a small pen host because it will basically has no heat sinking. Why do you want it in a pen host? Do you just like the look of it, is it because you can conceal it better?

Laik

Not sure if it is just me, but he is sending off a vibe that i can not describe...

Last edited:
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt...he doesn't seem to be making threads about turning off street lights or killing traffic cameras...

Thank you guys. Well first off I do have some safety glasses. I have had a few lasers over the years so its not my first laser. I know what im doing, SAFETY FIRST!
Im not going to go around and laser a cops eye out or anything lol. I just want one that is pretty small like a pen style. Something I can carry around with me if I wanted to. Obviously I don't want it for the looks haha. Not much to it...
To me the heat sink doesn't matter that much, I'm fine with the 10 on 30 off cycle. I honestly never have my lasers on for more then 15-20 seconds at a time anyways. And sorry Laik, Idk why I give u a weird vibe:thinking:
Anyways im also down for building my own if no one can help me. But I have never built a laser before but im down to learn :)

If you want some good pen options, check out JayRob's sales thread. I believe FlaminPyro is also into pen builds. Use the search feature at the top. You will find the answers you're looking for.

daguin

Pen lasers would be a tough first build
There is very little space available in a pen laser build
I would recommend that you start out with something large enough to give you some room for small errors

Peace,
dave

Laik

Have you seen this thread that was recently made? Maybe he will sell it to you or make you one. :)

lol thank you Laik! I just sent him a pm so hopefully he can help me out! Ill let you guys know!
Thanks again peeps!