Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BudgetGadgets 200mw 405nm Reviewed

ppctx

This is what I received from BudgetGadgets.com when I ordered a 200mw 405nm focusable laser. BudgetGadgets 200mw 405nm focusable laser

Mislabeled tag on laser, the wrong mw isn't such an issue for me but the wavelength is a bit of an issue. Dangerous if your looking for green but don’t see the room light up green.
662396c7.jpg

The 3v cr123 battery that came with it.
75170a6c.jpg

The lase metered with budgetgadgets supplied battery.
4196b6df.jpg

Freashly charged rcr123 (on my new pila charger).
d3416fde.jpg

WHOW there, we went up a hole 10mw or so on a fully charged rcr123, bringing the total output of the 200mw laser that I paid ~$115 for to a whapping 80mw. Look at that funny bar shaped beam, kinka like a 445nm, but the color is of 405nm? Thanks a bunch BudgetGadgets!
65175d7a.jpg

To their defense, they did offer me a 20% discount on my next order and assured me they'd make a better effort to correctly label the real wavelength on future orders. Right, like I'm drop another buck there... but that is something better left for the Companies forum.

This ain’t a lase that I’d recommend to anyone. Much more satisfied with my $10 ebay 405 that meters 47mw.

ped

My $50 dilda from budgetgadgets never even turned up, count yourself lucky haha

Just another reason the Chinese Laser Seller's have such
a bad reputation..
They still think most people have no way of measuring
actual Laser power output...

But the wrong Label is inexcusable... :yabbmad:

I would have told them to ship what I ordered at
the power advertised or I would do a review of the
underpowered and mislabeled Laser I received on
the largest Laser Forum on the Net to warn everyone
globally about BudgetGadgets.com...

Hey... that's just my way of getting justice...:cool:

Jerry

ppctx

I would have told them to ship what I ordered at
the power advertised or I would do a review of the
underpowered and mislabeled Laser I received on
the largest Laser Forum on the Net to warn everyone
globally about BudgetGadgets.com...

Hey... that's just my way of getting justice...:cool:

Jerry

I gave them fair notice that that I “could” provide a post on a popular laser enthusiast forum if they needed proof of the deficiencies. I’ll send them a link to this once the money is returned to my account (with the help of my CC that indicated I’ve gone above and beyond in trying to resolve it with the seller). Hopefully that will resolve BudgetGadgets’ burning question as to why their 405nm have been collecting dust.

Bought the same lase in 532nm before I received this one. Metered it yesterday. With a fully charged rcr123, it hits 188mw peak but falls like a rock in seconds. LaserBee, I'm going to need your help figuring out how to log output. Pictures don’t paint the full picture of their 532nm power output characteristics.

Last edited:
r you all idiots? they put tht label on their so it will past customs its just a lie and a label nothing to do with the laser

ppctx

Yes, you are the only intelligent life form here (due to your observed grammar and comprehension). r u b an inspiring ditch digger? Labeling mw wrong wasn't the issue, wave length was. Please read before barfing on the keyboard.
80562c64.jpg

Side note and update, budgetgadgets refunded 100% including shipping after reading this review. I debate whether it was this review, which they did notice, a language barrier or simply a case of thinking I was full of poop. There emails were always cordial, they always responded.. Some seemed to miss the point (hence it may have been a language barrier). End of story, they were very quick to respond and make right after reading this thread.

I think budget gadgets wants to make a good name and do the right thing, just wish it wouldn't have taken so much effort on my part.

Last edited:

ppctx

No, they made me send it back (which I'm more than ok with as they now know I wasn't trying to scam them). Only cost $3.96 to get it from me to the othe side of the world in ~9 day, but they refunded that too.

Wow, that was nice of them. It's nice you got it all back, most of those companies won't do that for you.