Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Broken Laserglow pointer

vk2fro

Could you call this beast a pointer?

Bens got a bigass laser that cuts stuff, lets take it to him. So I am lumped with this behomoth of a laser pointer.....

5164623075_2fdd8dd02f_z.jpg

it emits no beam and I have changed the batteries, seems like its the pump diode as past the CDRH delay, there is little current draw (certainly nothing like my 100 mw lab, and no where near my 1 watt lab). I have checked the usual (shutter open, fresh batts, interlocks defeated etc)

How does one get inside one of these to change over the pump diode, bearing in mind that I am in Australia, and cannot send it back to laserglow; fearing customs confiscation on its return to Aus.

Cheers
Ben

vk2fro

Ok folks, I have written to laserglow asking how one would get inside it. Am awaiting their reply, and have explained to them that returning it is not an option, due to the customs problem; so I will have to repair it myself.

vk2fro

its a greenie so it will be DPSS.

I will try the steps in the aries 75 thread, beginning with sealing it in a bag and popping it into a saucepan of boiling water to release the glue/thread locker. I'll use some rubber kitchen gloves so I can get a grip on the silly thing.

Otherwise I am going to need to buy a vice and do the wood C-Clamp trick that was also suggested in the thread. (i just recently bought some holesaws too!)

Last edited: