Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

broken 445 nm 1 watt diode, still usable

the negative pin on my diode broke off (my fault). I was unable to solder it back, and i did not want to just solder the case to it and just let the case be negative because I intended to use this driver:
1W 445nm blue laser diode driver / 405nm laser driver | eBay

I know that most of you build your own drivers, so could i sell it to you for like 35$?

other than the broken pin the diode is fine.

Edit:
I would also be selling an attached aixiz module

Last edited:

Ill give you $6.50 shipped.
without a picture of the damage I dont think anyone wants to take a risk, especially when you're asking 35 for it and it has been soldered who knows how many times. it doesn't sound like you knew what you were doing if it was "your fault". Anyway, my offer stands.

LaZeRz

P i c s - o r - b a n!!!!!!

Last edited:

Benm

Er.. the case of the 445 is not electrically connected to the diode, so if you broke of the negative supply pin, the diode is unusable.

LaZeRz

@benm

If your a soldering freak you can reconnect the pin ;) lol

Last edited:
That has happened to me plenty of times when I started out this hobby, and yes I was able to use the diodes just fine (unless I broke both pins). I would gladly take the diode, use it, and if it worked give you $25 for it. But I wouldn't buy it up front due to risk.

Edit: I'm not sure if I'll be at my house though to test it anytime soon (if you decided to go with me). Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
@Benm

Solder is the only really acceptable connecting process for a laser diode

Re-soldering a pin is a pain.

However, you may not need to re-solder the negative pin.

Just place a spot of solder OVER the pin to join the pin stub with the case.

Then you can use the case pin as the negative path.

Of course that make the diode case-negative, but that is usually not a problem

Peace,
dave

@RENOxDECEPTION
Yes, I dont know what im doing, this is my very first laser.

Also, I understand that i am not at all in the position to ask for money before letting you test it yourself, so please dont be afraid to buy it.

Edit:
about pics...

I dont have a very good camera at all, only the one on my phone and i doubt it will give you a good idea of the diode. If you are willing to buy a 1 watt 445 diode in an axiz module with the negative pin broken than I can send it to you. If you like it than you can keep it and pay me

Last edited:
if the pin snapped off flush with the case then yes it is reusable by soldering it blob style to the case pin. but if you ripped out the pin then there is no hope!!!!!

you should post what ever pix you can. unless you know something and are trying to hide it.

michael.

201109011653280.jpg

2011090116443427.jpg

Last edited:
And connect it to the case? I dont want to do that because the driver I have has a + and - for the diode

the negative pin on my diode broke off (my fault). I was unable to solder it back, and i did not want to just solder the case to it and just let the case be negative because I intended to use this driver:
1W 445nm blue laser diode driver / 405nm laser driver | eBay

I know that most of you build your own drivers, so could i sell it to you for like 35$?

other than the broken pin the diode is fine.

Edit:
I would also be selling an attached aixiz module

just read my first post

You may want to make another thread in the driver thread, and ask for options for your problem.