Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Broken 30 mw laser, need helpp

chubi

well, i had this laser a while ago, and it suddenly stopped working, i just decided to take some pliers and got the top off of it, now i dont know how i should take the components out of it without damaging anything, i dont remember any model numbers or anythin, thanks. here is a pic
v62aog.jpg

Looks like the Radio Shack version of the NewWish green. Probably not worth repairing as they can be had extremely, extremely cheap.

However, when you say 'stopped working', do you mean stopped emitting light alltogether? (DO NOT LOOK DOWN THE OUTPUT TO SEE.) What I mean is, is there no beam at all?

These usually have internal brass retainers that unscrew. Issue is, it has to be done from the other end - where the batteries connect - and it's very easy to damage the circuit board and twist the diode apart.

Really not worth repairing - how much power was it to begin with? If 5mW, I think Laserlands has almost identical ones for $10.

chubi

it was like 30 bux and if its repairable then ill just repair it cuz im cheap like that lols, and i can screw off the other end easily, its 30 mw btw, says in the thread topic lol

chubi

and yeah, it doesnt do anything at all, and of course i wont look down it

Sorry yeah, okay, I see that now.. Thing is it's probably not easily repairable if you're getting zero green out of it. What you could do is look at it through a digital camera (looking on the digital camera's screen) - to see if there's any IR being emitted. If that's the case, the crystals may just have to be put back in place.

If there's no IR, forget it -- it just isn't worth it.

If you can not even take it apart, you stand almost no chance of repairing it.
However if you want to remove the module, do a search for removing module from newwish.
They are several different types of these but the search results will help guide you.