Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Broke 2ld's with mixed up wires...

wooooooolazer

Well I got mad today i had a ld running of daedels circuit and it was good for a week then it broke!! Luckly my other diode was good except for a blob of molten plastic on the lens of it, so i cut off the can put it in and connected it then it broke again!! then i found out i had two wires 2 WIRES mixed up and that broke it ah im so mad right now Now i dont think i like lasesr anymore,  Ill forget about it in a month when i get my x-65 tho at least that wont break... I might try to do another diy later to.. :'(

Does anyone else have stories of something simple that ruined your diodes, It might make me feel better about how stupid i was lol...

How does a x-65 compare to a diy red in burning power?

...lazer.... :'( :'( :'(

Lorgar

Well my first diy I used the existing driver from my 3 AAA 1 watt led host
Worked great until i put Liths in it instant LED

Live and learn

MarioMaster

wooooooolazer said:
Well I got mad today i had a ld running of daedels circuit and it was good for a week then it broke!! Luckly my other diode was good except for a blob of molten plastic on the lens of it, so i cut off the can put it in and connected it then it broke again!! then i found out i had two wires 2 WIRES mixed up and that broke it ah im so mad right now Now i dont think i like lasesr anymore, Ill forget about it in a month when i get my x-65 tho at least that wont break... I might try to do another diy later to.. :'(

Does anyone else have stories of something simple that ruined your diodes, It might make me feel better about how stupid i was lol...

How does a x-65 compare to a diy red in burning power?

...lazer.... :'( :'( :'(
i felt the exact same way when i broke my bluray diode and then went on to break my working 16x dvd red, i just wanted to say screw lasers - but just give it a day or two and you'll be wanting to get another to try again ;)

wooooooolazer

Yah i went ahead and bought 2 more diodes this time everything is gona be soldered no breadboard for me...I just hope this next one lasts awhile..

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

amkdeath

2 cases:

I took a 20x DVD burner, after a whole day of work, I salvaged 2 diodes.

I thought one of the diodes was IR (i was newb) and so I broke it on accident

I took other one, perfect laser.
I didnt have aixiz module so I was just having a little fun, when I accidentally shorted it and kaboom no more laser.

THEN

I ordered SenKat diode
got it to work perfect focus lit matches in half a second and so on.
THe Aixiz lens was scratched, opened it up to look at lens, hand accidentally pressed on the driver and I badly shorted the whole thing sending massive ampage and volts to my diode which sizled and died...

An hour ago I thought I burned an IR laser (stuck it into minimag cuz I thought it was dead and suddenly got REALLY HOT burned my finger getting it out). THen I hooked up to DDL circuit and maraculisly it was stil working...

DOnt kill yourself, go outside, get ur mind off it.

do it agian tommorrow... ;)

amk ;D

wooooooolazer

Yah im not mad no more lol that one did light fireworks 4ft away in like 30sec... Next time im being really carefull lol.

....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

Rhith

Probably the worst ways I've had a diode die was the one in my Dorcy Metal Gear and my friend pushed on the module shorted it and broke a leg off the diode. And just last night I finally got around to building another DIY!