Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bringing up a new store

ok guys, this is hopfully a business opportunity for everyone. Guys that like building lasers, I will carry...hopfully more of a selection than any of the other stores. For those of you out there who dont want to build them, but want one, but dont want to pay 400 or 500 dollars on wickedlasers.com I will sell mine for a fraction of the cost, and even too your specs!! If you dont know the specs, ill even build them to specs such as I want one that burns or i want an awesomely bright one. And heres the most important part of this entire post the guys of you out there who produce something such as drivers, or harvest sleds or machine heat syncs..... lets work out some sort of bulk deal or dropshipping type deal, so that I can offer your products on my site. This is what this post is all about. Oh and when this website is closer to functional, ill post yall a web address! cheers mates!

this looks like a drunken post with dreams of grandeur :) you realize it's quite hard to start a business? takes a lot of time and work. once you have some legit customers who are happy only then will your store start up.

word of mouth is the best marketing possible, and happy customers are perfect for doing such.

good luck,
Kendall

ben74

Good reviews are good too, so i would do a review on some stuff if you like.

Just a few pointers.
Being a business owner myself i can tell you that it is very hard but also very doable and rewarding.
You have to totally commit to the business as there are so many aspects that even I at times have taken for granted and it put a dent in our business for a little while. Give it time. All business' have a startup period where you are basically just talking to potential customers. Don't give up because your sales aren't instantly up. Wait it out and keep on.
Make sure you always put customers on top. This can be hard at times because customers can get pretty angry pretty fast. Keep your cool. If a customer gets mad it doesn't mean your not running your business right. It just means you need to focus on that area more.
ship as quickly as humanly possible and only ship products that you have all ready tested as 100% working and quality products. You can also get bulk smaller items like surplus lenses etc that you can ship for free as gifts with laser orders. Free stuff will make your business thrive. Even just small items. Believe me.
Stay on top of emails daily. There was a time when i would get depressed and wouldn't check emails for a week. Business went WAY down.
Now so i can focus on work i have my wife :) do the emails so i can keep on track with sourcing and product-Shipping etc.
Advertising is a must. You can also sell some stuff on ebay and link to your online store. This helps greatly with getting the word out. Be ever present on the forums. Good presence = much more business when you are trusted on the boards.

Just a few tips from one business owner to another.

JosheWon

dont get me wrong i think this is a great idea but...

you only have 8 posts, you need to really establish yourself on here first. you need to get to now people and earn everyone's trust.

this is nothing against you but when people just join and start saying they want to make a store or sell a bunch of these products we see this as a stab at us to just make some money. (which isnt a bad thing)
we just want to know and trust the people were doing business first.

so please take some time and get to know people here and spread your knowledge. spend time helping people with their builds and their random projects. donate a lot of your time to the hobby of lasers and i think you will find that we will appreciate your work and time a lot more.

this is just my 2 cents but i think others will agree.

I suggest you start off by making a few units and selling them off in buy/sell/trade here on the forum to build a reputation for yourself before trying to advertise a website of yours.

Look to whomever may be concerned: My reputation will be around soon. I know im new, and perhaps its scary, or even sad to see a newb to the forum coming and trying to be a big guy. Well let me express that although im new to this scene, I am not new to webdesign nor business. I am turning to yall for support. I would like yalls help. I want to know what yall expect from a store. I want this to work, and well its not about me, its about the consumer. I also want this to be an opportunity for others. People who have something to offer, I would like to figure out a way to offer it on the site, where we both make profit (mine being much smaller than yours of course) and I even want the customer to profit, by getting a better deal than anywhere else. I notice that none of the stores have a thorough selection, stonetec is one of my favorite, and its great, but there could be so much more, and still at a fair price. With your help, and my dedication, and a little luck, I know this will work. I just need you on my side, and some positive motivation instead of negetive. I understand your concern and doubt.. and negetivism. Hopfully this helps convince at least a little bit. Thanks. K.C.

I agree. When i started mine i had everyone telling me oh it wouldn't couldn't work etc etc etc and it go's on. The truth is it worked out great. If you have a dream do everything you possibly can to make it happen. Being positive is a big part of it. A lot of people will say oh this karmic thing with the laws of attraction are crap.

NOT TRUE !!

Example: My dad had a great wholesale and retail business. People started asking him for money when he was doing good. He helped a lot of people that had promises to pay him back. They never did so he changed his words and thoughts to i don't have money. That's where he messed up big time. Those words said over and over will make it happen.
Then he lost his business.

I could throw out many more examples i have seen throughout life with others and including me.

So take the criticism and feedback but don't let it change your mind or turn your thought of the business negative.

Keep positive. Keep the Force ;)

JosheWon

Webdesign and business skills are all good... but what do you know about lasers?

Id rather buy a good product from a poorly designed/quickly designed website then buy a crappy product from a flashy site, aka wickedlasers.

Why don't I just setup a free for all laser auction/sale site.

Yeah... uh, there are lots of crappy websites out there that sell lasers. I mean, optotronics sell some of the best lasers around, and until recently they had a very basic, dodgy looking site. That didn't stop people from buying from them of course, because the products were awesome :)

For this kind of thing you'd need to focus more on the lasers themselves than the marketing of them. If the lasers are good, the marketing will fall into place.

spyrorocks, that would be a great idea. The Buy/Sell/Trade section has really grown now to a hustle bustle market place. Threads disappear off the front page in just a few days, so it isn't good to advertise selling. I think it's time to make it's own site

And hey, if you need any Flash work or Graphics Work for the site, I can help out ;) (For free of course).

thank you thank you. and im definitly focusing on products more than the website. as long as its fully functional and looks half a** decent ill be happy. and yea ill probably get you to make me some sorta flash banner and or intro page :) I have also decided to put up a section to host group buys! hopfully we can all get some good deals thatsaway!

Murudai said:
Yeah... uh, there are lots of crappy websites out there that sell lasers. I mean, optotronics sell some of the best lasers around, and until recently they had a very basic, dodgy looking site. That didn't stop people from buying from them of course, because the products were awesome :)

For this kind of thing you'd need to focus more on the lasers themselves than the marketing of them. If the lasers are good, the marketing will fall into place.

spyrorocks, that would be a great idea. The Buy/Sell/Trade section has really grown now to a hustle bustle market place. Threads disappear off the front page in just a few days, so it isn't good to advertise selling. I think it's time to make it's own site

And hey, if you need any Flash work or Graphics Work for the site, I can help out ;) (For free of course).
Actually, before i knew about how good RPLs were, i found Optotronics, and i was about to buy an RPL, but their website stopped me, because i thought it wasn't legit. I regret that day... I should've bought one. :'(

How does this "Jack" character make his RPLs? Are they made in a factory, custom ordered by him? Or are they just bought off another company?

Spyderz20x6 said:
How does this "Jack" character make his RPLs? Are they made in a factory, custom ordered by him? Or are they just bought off another company?

He's just a reseller. The lasers are made by Viasho.

Same as how Dragon Lasers and Nova Lasers are resellers for CNI, he's a reseller for Viasho.