Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brief X125 review

This is just gonna be a quick review, no pics or anything, sorry.

I ordered the X125 plus the mega matrix DG from novalasers on the 10th (Wednesday) and it was shipped on the morning of the 11th. I was told by Magdalena they were out of the mega matrix so I said I would wait  the 2-3 weeks for it. I received the package in the mail on the 17th (5 business days from when I ordered). This was using the standard free shipping for orders over $200, not bad at all, considering its the holiday season.

The packaging was ok, a couple sheets of bubble wrap and the foam inside the aluminum case to protect the laser. I was very pleased to see they had shipped the mega matrix as well, since Magdalena said there would be a 2-3 wait.

Peak Output: 155.4 mW
Average Output: 144.6 mW

Very nice indeed, I was happy to see that the peak and average output were not only well above spec, but relatively close together. Using Energizer Advanced lithiums this laser stings my skin in less than a second and smokes anything dark upon contact. It lit a strike on box match in about 1 second and popped a black balloon the moment I pressed the power button. I haven't measured the divergence but it seems within the <1.2 mRad range specified on their website. The laser has been operating in purely TEM00 so far with no mode hopping issues. The only thing about this laser that bothers me is the fact that the beam isn't perfectly aligned with the housing, it comes out at a slight angle. I must be paranoid though because my Infiniti 75 actually has a worse angled beam that I had never even noticed until I got my x125. The X125 definately blows my Infiniti out of the water in all aspects.

Pros
*20 mW above spec
*Divergence seems within spec
*TEM00 with no mode hopping
*Fast shipping
*I got the mega matrix without the 2-3 week wait

Cons
*Slightly crooked beam (doesn't affect performance, though)
*You can't really put it in your pocket without the lens getting dirty

don't worry the crooked beam is on every green laser ;) looks like you got a good one ;D ;D ;D

Ace82

Great review! The front cap unscrews so you can easily clean the lens if it gets dirty. I carry mine with me almost all the time, and a quick unscrew of the cap, clean the lens, rescrew the cap, good as new! You will find though that another con is that the paint tends to chip or flake off, depending on how careful you are with it. I put it in my pocket some times with change or my keys, (I don't really care how it looks, to me it it gives it personality, I'd be able to pick it out in a bunch pretty quick! ;D

thanks for the tips guys.

I took some measurements and put them into an angle calculator and turns out my laser's beam angle is 1 degree. so, yeah, not as bad as I thought.