Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BR is doing TEM01 & TEM02? what?

Well this is quite out of the ordinary, maybe it's not what it seems :-/ It doesn't make 2-4 seperate dots, but I can clearly see it when I look at the beam. It also seems to pulse between the modes at a slow but consistent rate. I can see the beam widen then thin out. What in the world is this? Are my eyes deceiving me? :-/

jayrob

From your avatar, I can tell that it's just because you have been drinking too much beer! ;D JK...

I guess that you already tried to switch out the batteries?
Jay

jayrob said:
From your avatar, I can tell that it's just because you have been drinking too much beer! ;D JK...

I guess that you already tried to switch out the batteries?
Jay
It's a pepsi! lol. Yea I switched batteries, roughly 7.4v total. May just not be enough voltage. It's 135mW, not sure of the mA as it was tuned to 135mW using an LPM. I'm guessing its upwards of 160mA which may require more volts. If only I had a 3xAAA battery holder instead of merely a 2xAAA :D

Move it up or down a little bit in current, down would be safer. Sounds like you're in one of those kinks that IgorT and Zom-b have talked a lot about on here recently.

Switch

defocus it , shine it on a wall and take a video ::)

Attachments

• 532_002.JPG
    532_002.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 80
Switch said:
defocus it , shine it on a wall and take a video ::)
That's what's weird about it. It doesn't seem to show up in the dot at all. I only see it while looking at the beam close up :-/

daguin

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=Switch link=1227152791/0#4 date=1227205790]defocus it , shine it on a wall and take a video ::)
That's what's weird about it. It doesn't seem to show up in the dot at all. I only see it while looking at the beam close up  :-/[/quote]

If it doesn't show in an unfocused "dot", but you can "see" it in the beam, it is an optical illusion.

Peace,
dave

daguin

laserwanabe said:
Maybe because its blu-ray you can see exactly what its doing.
405 is strange

Light doesn't "bend" on its own. If there are two beams that are separated enough for him to see them as being apart, they CANNOT come back together again when they hit the wall unless they pass through a lens or bounce off of something.

Peace,
dave

Ace82

Remove the lens completely, then see how the "circle" looks on your wall. If it's nice and even, then everything should be ok. If you can clearly see that there are differences in intensity and not evenly spread, then the LD could be about ready to die, or maybe your LD's window is dirty. :-/

Another thing to try would be to turn the lens while it's on and observe if this phenomenon changes at all, because it could be on the lens itself, and you would notice it turning while you turn the lens.

The only time any of my br has done anything like this was either right before or after it was dead. Good luck though!