Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bought a big ebay laser...but what is it?

So I bought a big laser on ebay, and have no idea of what it is or how it does/should work. It is a Aerotech Electro Optical Laser Model PS2. When I plug it in and turn the key a small light above the key turns on. I can't see an output anywhere, not really sure where it'd be either, as I cannot find a regular looking aperature anywhere. Any info appreciated on how to/what to/when to/where to/why to do anything with it. Thank you.

Attachments

• 8796-1.JPG
    8796-1.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 8796-2.JPG
    8796-2.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 8796-3.JPG
    8796-3.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 187
  • 8796-4.JPG
    8796-4.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 193

HIMNL9

Uhm, sorry to have to say this, but ..... i don't see any laser output, nor laser warning sticker (also if i can't see clearly the upper tag, in the pic), and, being sincere, it look more like a laser power supply than a laser head, seen in that way .....

Can you take a pic of the upper tag, or also better, of the inside ? ..... otherwise, is difficult to judge just from these pics, sorry.

Hmm, i see no apeture for the laser light to exit :thinking:

Could you post your own pics of this laser, all my simple Google and Ebay searches so far have yeilded the same four photos as the ones in this thread

LOL looks like a water cooling system to me... those white tubes could be the inlet and outlet for the coolant. Take some pics of inside, also do you have a link to the page where you bought the item?

Well... to me it looks like a Laser Power Supply for probably
for a HeNe tube that uses a high voltage Alden polarized connector...
The two white plastic holes are not the same diameter..

Jerry

Well... to me it looks like a Laser Power Supply for probably
for a HeNe tube that uses a high voltage Alden polarized connector...
The two white plastic holes are not the same diameter..

Jerry

LOL just a wild guess?? :D

Asherz

Fail :(

Looks like a PSU as others have said :( How much did you pay?

here's some inside pics, I tried to show down the tubes but it wasn't working to well. On the bottom of the board it says anode and cathode where the 2 pink wires go. I cant get back to the ebay page where I bought it for some reason. But it had a half line description reading 'Gov't surplus laser. New in old out, so it should still work', or something to that effect. I paid $29.99 including $20 shipping, so $9.99 for the un-laser :(

edited: Cant seem to figure out how to resize pics. Until then, pics delayed. apologies.

^ MS Paint is how i resize my pics, it faster than waiting for PS to load up :D

I agree with Jerry it looks like a Hene power supply to me, open one end and describe whats in there, be carfull there might not be any bleed resistors on the caps so they could still be holdng a charge and knock you on your butt so be carfull !!

IIRC I have one of these somewhere in my stash mine came from ebay 'as-is' turned out to be DOA- & it is a PS for a HeNe laser.