Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bluray Combiner!

Kenom

Ok, so I ordered 2 6x diodes from IgorT some time ago and got then not long ago. I got the opportunity to utilize them but I knew that the optics inside the bluray 6x sled are awesome; so I inquired of Daguin to see if he had any extras and when he replied affirmative, I had him send them to me. I tore the sled apart and the first thing I noticed was this:

DSC00427.jpg

You'll notice it circled among all the optics.
DSC00428.jpg

Now it strikes me that I've seen this before and I realize it was in my beam combiner I got from K9 who got it from a Minolta laser printer/copier. Now it's not EXACTLY like the one in my combiner but I've no doubt whatsoever that it CAN be used to combine 2 bluray lasers into one beam.

DSC00426.jpg

someone with more time than me should try it.

Send one to me and I'll try it out ;D.

No but really, if you were nice enough to send one to me, I would try to do this. I would even send it back if you wanted...

I would have one of those myself, and even had an order for a 6x sled in with charlie bruce, but right when I was about to pay for the sled, charlie said his supplier bailed out (along with everybody else). I was a couple days too late to have this optic (along with a 6x diode...)!!!!!! Gahhhh!!!

-Jakob

daguin

pianoman2011 said:
Send one to me and I'll try it out ;D.

No but really, if you were nice enough to send one to me, I would try to do this. I would even send it back if you wanted...

I would have one of those myself, and even had an order for a 6x sled in with charlie bruce, but right when I was about to pay for the sled, charlie said his supplier bailed out (along with everybody else). I was a couple days too late to have this optic (along with a 6x diode...)!!!!!! Gahhhh!!!

-Jakob

PM me your address.  I have several sets of these optics here.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=pianoman2011 link=1238269140/0#2 date=1238289310]Send one to me and I'll try it out ;D.

-Jakob

PM me your address.  I have several sets of these optics here.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Oooh can I have 2-3 sets of those optics, if I pay for shipping  ::)?

daguin

PhotonSky said:

Based on your signature, you don't have any working lasers. What are you going to do with the optics? :-?

Peace,
dave

PM me your address. I have several sets of these optics here.

Peace,
dave

Thank you so much Dave! I see why you have the highest rep on the site :)

...PM coming up in a second!

-Jakob

daguin said:
[quote author=PhotonSky link=1238269140/0#4 date=1238289645]

Based on your signature, you don't have any working lasers.  What are you going to do with the optics?   :-?

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Once I make two lasers I'll use one of those combine the beams :D

Kenom

Hehehe he beat me to it. I was going to recommend that you get ahold of Daguin and see if he didn't have any left.

One of these days when I've got lots of time, I'm going to set up all these optics around a board and align them like on an optics bench, blow in some smoke, and light it up. Will be one impressive show all that light bouncin around all over the place.

Kenom said:
Hehehe he beat me to it.  I was going to recommend that you get ahold of Daguin and see if he didn't have any left.  

One of these days when I've got lots of time, I'm going to set up all these optics around a board and align them like on an optics bench, blow in some smoke, and light it up.  Will be one impressive show all that light bouncin around all over the place.

Haha I should of thought of him as soon as I got the idea. And no suprise he beat you! He watches the LPF threads like a god over mortals... speaking of which, is dave isn't a moderator, is he? If not he should definitely become one! ;D

And this idea of yours sounds pretty frickin' cool. There's not much thats more appealing than a grid of violet light! To add to this, you should get all of the different beams to combine back into one big beam! Talk about complexity!

-Jakob

EDIT: By the way, Dave says he has around [highlight]50[/highlight] sets of 6x optics! Jesus Christ! :eek:

Kenom said:
Hehehe he beat me to it.  I was going to recommend that you get ahold of Daguin and see if he didn't have any left.  

One of these days when I've got lots of time, I'm going to set up all these optics around a board and align them like on an optics bench, blow in some smoke, and light it up.  Will be one impressive show all that light bouncin around all over the place.

If daugin combined the beams of all his lasers, he'd a have a death ray! ;D

daguin

PhotonSky said:
[quote author=daguin link=1238269140/0#5 date=1238290248][quote author=PhotonSky link=1238269140/0#4 date=1238289645]
Based on your signature, you don't have any working lasers.  What are you going to do with the optics?   :-?
Peace,
dave[/quote]
[/quote]

I might be done with you.   ::)

Once you build two lasers, you'll use one of these to combine the beams.  Yet you started out by asking me for 2-3 sets of optics!   :-?

Maybe you didn't "lurk" long enough to get to know me very well.

Peace,
dave

Kenom

LOL Dave is generous, NOt a moderator, and NOT tolerant of beggars.

daguin said:
[quote author=PhotonSky link=1238269140/0#7 date=1238292049][quote author=daguin link=1238269140/0#5 date=1238290248][quote author=PhotonSky link=1238269140/0#4 date=1238289645]
Peace,
dave[/quote]
[/quote]

I might be done with you.   ::)

Once you build two lasers, you'll use one of these to combine the beams.  Yet you started out by asking me for 2-3 sets of optics!   :-?

Maybe you didn't "lurk" long enough to get to know me very well.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

That's I get from having bad maths skills :(

I don't think this is the same thing as your combiner. Your combiner photo looks like it has a parallelogram type element. Its like the angled face is flipped the other way. Plus, I played with that optic from the 6x sled. And I think were better off using the normal cubes for this sort of thing.

--John