Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue laser pulse rates

Ive been looking around at some low powered blue lasers recently, and I've narrowed my choice down to two places- Dragonlasers and Laserglow. Both of them have the same style blue pointers, however the Dragonlasers pointer is pulsed at 2000Hz while the Laserglow unit is pulsed at 700Hz. Is this information accurate? Which would be easier to see?

Thanks,
Jimmymcjimthejim

what do you mean by easier to see? If you mean easier to be able to tell that it's pulsed, 700Mhz is slower therefore you would be able to notice it more. BUT... both are so fast that you're not going to be able to tell without swinging it around quickly. If you're talking about brightness of the beam or dot, then there shouldn't be a difference as long as they're rated at the same output power.

Or you could go for the optotronics or pseudonomen's blue, which I believe are not pulsed at all.

Oh, ok. And when I said easier to see, I really meant the brightness (If any difference). I'm not looking for anything over 5mW, so the RPL series is not an option for me.. But I will look at Pseudonomen137's 5mW Oceanus pointer. I'll ask him if it is pulsed.

iewed

The RPL Blue and Pseudo's Oceanus are the same laser if you choose the model with the 2.5W n-light pump diode.

iewed said:
The RPL Blue and Pseudo's Oceanus are the same laser if you choose the model with the 2.5W n-light pump diode.
I know that they are the same, but on the Optotronics site they don't have a 5mW blue, so I can't buy from them.

diachi

yeah you can, they have the adjustable tailcap, so you get the 10mW and turn it down.

Diachi

Diachi said:
yeah you can, they have the adjustable tailcap, so you get the 10mW and turn it down.

Diachi
::)
Well, I guess I could, but it would be significantly cheaper to just get a 5mw...