Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue laser lenses

Hey guys i just bought my first laser, it is a 200mw blue laser burner and it came with a starry lens. when taking this out and shone on a wall some distance away the beam spreads out. What type of lens can i buy to make the beam condensed to one point instead of having no lens and tit spreading out? Also where could i buy this? Thanks,

Reguards, Jacob

daguin

Have you tried just unscrewing the "starlight' lens?

Peace,
dave

Dave, yes i unscrewed it but the beam disperses and gets wider gradually after about 1 foot. Here is a photo of the laser with the lens unscrewed. http://imgur.com/TIbgd

Thanks!

Last edited:
All laser beams will "spread" over a distance no matter what optics you use.

How much the beam spreads over a given distance is called divergence. A certain amount is acceptable and unavoidable.

Make a measurement of the beam close up and another measurement over the largest distance you have available.

These numbers can tell us if your laser's divergence is normal or not.

Be sure to use safety goggles if you are going to be viewing the dot close up (or putting your face anywhere near a laser beam). It will make measurement easier and protect you at the same time.

Last edited:
Beam is .5cm wide at 2cm away from surface. It is .1cm wide at 17cm away. 30 feet away it is 8 1/2 inches wide. My friend has an adjustable focus lens on his, i think this is what im looking for but still not sure. Thanks

Beam is .5cm wide at 2cm away from surface. It is .1cm wide at 17cm away. 30 feet away it is 8 1/2 inches wide. My friend has an adjustable focus lens on his, i think this is what im looking for but still not sure. Thanks
.1cm at 17cm ? Is that a typo ? Also that is a purple laser not blue ;)

well if the treads and diameter are right you could use a g-1 or g-2 if not i'm sure jayrob could machine something.

No its correct :p it is wider when its super close to the surface then gets smaller then wider again. And Mattco2 where could i find one of those with measurements so i know if it will fit?

do you have a caliper and i think any axiz lens will work for a tread check

No caliper :/ might be able to find one from a friend if necessary though. The opening is roughly 1.2cm in diameter. Are there any chain stores like radio shack that may sell laser lenses? If not a reliable website maybe?

any type of lens will help that the g-1 will give you the most power while the axiz is cheap. i recommend testing with the axiz before you take the plunge on a g-1 or g-2
and also the beam is violet not blue :beer:

the axiz will,however, make a cleaner beam if your willing to sacrifice power
honestly i would rather build my own and and not have to worry about compatibility

Last edited: