Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

blue homemade

tatman

X-Boxes have blue lasers inside...anybody know how much power output? i'm gettin one donated towards my educet..ati..eat...i mean learnin. will it cut? slash? burn? can i rock?can i roll?

T

timelord

I'm not sure about x-box but i know ps3 has blue diodes. I know one thing i personally think video games are completely mindless so if i had one the blue diode would be out a.s.a.p. Let us know of your findings tatman. ;)

K

kingzilla

tatman said:
maybe i'm lookin 4 a playstation...gotta check

X-boxs don't have a blue laser, only the HD DVD ad on for X box 360 has one. A ps3 is what you want. Unfortunatly I don't think it will be doing much burning. :'( I think they are only 15-25mw, but I don't take my word on this, as I am not really sure. ;)

S

SenKat

Yeah - the PS3 has a 25mw Blu-ray diode in it....the HD Xbox add-on had a blue diode as well, unsure as to whom the manufacturer is, though.....my reccomendation ?  SELL IT on Ebay, then help me find the blu-ray diodes for $85.00 each made by Sharp.....Muahahahahahaha !  You can buy QUITE a few possibly depending on the sale price for the console on Ebay  ;D
And I KNOW you would want to donate a few to some moderators on here....oh, dang....there goes my inside voice coming out again..... ;D

One, note, "blue laser" normally would refer to a 488nm argon or 473nm DPSS laser, which look somewhat blue. Blu-Ray diodes like what might be in some of those consoles are ~405nm, which is a near-invisible violet-blue, not really blue at all. The only blue in a Blu-Ray diode is the "Blu" part of the name that marketing came up with.

T

timelord

pseudonomen137 said:
One, note, "blue laser" normally would refer to a 488nm argon or 473nm DPSS laser, which look somewhat blue. Blu-Ray diodes like what might be in some of those consoles are ~405nm, which is a near-invisible violet-blue, not really blue at all. The only blue in a Blu-Ray diode is the "Blu" part of the name that marketing came up with.
That is very handy to know, because it will give people an informed choise wether to rip up their consoles or not. ;)

WL sells a "Blu-ray" laser... I think one of the other forums has a review ~ sorry I dont remember which :-/

T

timelord

kenrok1 said:
WL sells a "Blu-ray" laser... I think one of the other forums has a review ~ sorry I dont remember which   :-/
Yea it's called a sonar for the handsome price of $2000

S

SenKat

Maybe Psuedo - maybe someone else can answer this : What is the VISIBLE range for Blue ?