Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-Ray / Violet Laser Pointer !!!!!

awirq

Hey all , I like the Blu-Ray (The Violet 405nm) Lasers , and i would like to build one , but im wondering what i need for it.
I know that i need a Blu-Ray Diode , and a Host (where i the circuit/or the driver) and the driver/circuit to regulate the power.

Can anyone please help me with this project and tell me what types of parts and diode i need and from which websites are good for these parts , and i will post pictures if i found the right things and started the project .

Thanks very much,
Awf

iewed

I plan on building one using a FlexDrive, PS3 Diode, and an ABS Plastic housing.

usakicksass said:
What is a flex drive?

the flex drive is the driver dr.lava is making i believe.

For the diode you may want to consider getting one of the xbox360 addon hd-dvd drives that are on clearance for $50 right now. you will either end up with a diode thats not quite as good as the ps3 or you will get a super beast of a diode that can be pushed to over 100mW. I've opened 4 so far and all of them have had the powerful diodes.

awirq

Thanks guys , can you post the link to the flex drivers please , and what about the clearence ?

Thanks,
Awf