Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray laser experiment/prototype

Hansolo 777 here.

I was wondering if there is any one out there who could tell me what 808nm power output equivalent, a 300mw 405nm laser would be?
Also the following if collminated, (number of diodes - at 300mw 405nm) in the equivalent output of a 808nm laser.
4 - 300mw at 405nm
5 - "
9 - "
16 - "
30 - "
50 - "

And finally last but not least is their anyone out there who would be able to sell me 50 aw-sf210 diodes extracted. Then place them in a custom built module if sent to seller ahead of time. Also would any one be willing to give me a discount off of a lot sale of that size and what would the subtotal be?

Hansolo 777 - "Death Before Dishonor - because disgrace is worse than death."

daguin

A mW is a mW. It doesn't matter what the wavelength is. It is a measure of power NOT brightness.

300mW of 405nm = 300mW of 808nm

Collimating multiple beams is not a simple task. What sort of "module" are you going to build?

For 50 diodes you should work with one of the Chinese suppliers directly for the sleds. Then work with someone on the list to extract and mount them. If you don't want to do that, contact ndrew at modwerx.com

Peace,
dave

D

Deleted member 8382

As Daguin said, this is like answering what's weaker, a pound of iron or a pound of air?

Even when it comes to cutting metal and burning things because a study showed that 1W 405nm doesn't equal a 1W 808nm when it comes to cutting tuna. So for cutting/burning purposes I disagree. A pound of O1 is far more reactive than a pound of iron.

Even when it comes to cutting metal and burning things because a study showed that 1W 405nm doesn't equal a 1W 808nm when it comes to cutting tuna. So for cutting/burning purposes I disagree. A pound of O1 is far more reactive than a pound of iron.

You asked for the power, and a watt is a watt. Cutting ability, no, they are not equal, but power is power. 300mW = 300mW.

But if you want to know cutting ability, that is completely, 100% material-dependent; it depends on the absorption of the material you wish to cut. They may cut exactly the same for some materials, they may be a factor of 10 different for some materials, they may be a factor of 10,000 different for some materials.

There is no 1-to-1 comparison to be made, except that power = power. For cutting or burning ability for a specific material, you can ask, but I doubt anyone here has previously cut any tuna with a laser. If no one else knows, you'll just have to test it yourself.

Most use CO2 for steel cutting. NdYag is also an option. They have precise lenses which also have gas jets to assist the cutting.

HMike

IR wavelengths are typically used to cut steel, because they're cheaper and effective.

I'm pretty sure that 405nm loves to be mostly reflected off of steel.

To be sure, you can lookup the absorbtion spectra of the material you want to cut..

Okay thank you all for the info i'm kind of on the edge of my knowledge when it comes to lasers I'm a relatively new understand the electrical parts not the photons to substances part...if that makes sense.