Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

blu-ray  help

jake21

im looking to make a blu-ray flashlight would any one no what flashlight to use and driver and what i need to do to it (or measurements to make my own casing) for blu-ray)

chido

Re: blu-ray  help

Jake, no offense, but I don't think you should post the same question again, it's already posted here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1200622077
For what I can see you already got a lot of good answers. I find post #10 in that thread offensive, you say no one helped you, man a lot of people there gave really good answers. I even took the time to post a pic.
I gave you a link to where to buy a tiny driver, as for the casing, just look at the dimensions in the website where you're planning to buy your host.

jake21

i dident mean no one helped me and lots of people helped but i ment i dident buy one yet and still looking for one for a flashlight that i can get sooner

chido

Ok, it's cool man. Anyway just look around dx, like I said before look at the dimensions to see how big the flashlight is. I think you should buy blue's driver since it's really small, cheap and it can fit in a lot of places. Maybe you should use the dorcy flashlight kenom used for his laser, it's small and I think you'll be able to fit blue's driver in there but I'm not sure.

jake21

well i no of a place i can go to have one made for free or any other parts i want done so im asking for some measurements like kenoms barrel. or some nice pictures of some thing else but i need a driver that im going to use and measure it and a batteries im thinking of a 9v batterie so i can get an idea of how big i need the barrel ?

chido

Like I said, get blue's driver. I didn't read the entire thread, but in the first post he says it needs a minimum of 5.5v to run a blu-ray, so you could power it with 4 alkalines, 2 cr123 cells (normal or rechargeable) or just use a 9v battery like you would in ddl's driver. It's really up to you on what kind of battery you want to use, just make sure the voltage stays above 5.5v, 6v preferable if you want the batteries to last some time, and if you use a 9v battery I assume it would last a long time.

jake21

so a blu-ray has to have 5.5 to 6 voilts to run it i thought i read it needs 4.5 voilts ? if i use a 9v batt and when it turns on i though the power of the diode drops the batt to 4.5 voilts unless im wroung?

no! the diode will die. u need a driver to make it work.

Gazoo

jake21 said:
so a blu-ray has to have 5.5 to 6 voilts to run it i thought i read it needs 4.5 voilts ? if i use a 9v batt and when it turns on i though the power of the diode drops the batt to 4.5 voilts unless im wroung?

Jake,
You need to spend a little more time reading and a little less time asking questions. Don't take this as offensive.

Here is some more good material for you to read.

http://www.fineartradiography.com/hobbies/lasers/blu-ray/diode.html

yea, the laser drivers aren't 100% efficient, some power is lost, hence the reason you need yet a higher voltage than 4.5v

now if only we could get someone to design a step up converter for two AAAs (3v) to 5v with a constant current...