Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

"Blood Moon" tonight.

Mattronium

It It looks like another "Blood Moon" will be out tomorrow morning, "The full eclipse will start at 6:25 a.m. EDT and last until 7:24 a.m, according to NASA" Second Lunar Eclipse Of 2014 To Bring 'Blood Moon' On October 8

I'll have to see what laser/blood moon pictures I can get ;)

Does anybody else plan on seeing this? The bonus is it won't be way to early here.

Last edited:

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was reading about that a few hours ago! I would love to see it but don't think I can be up until 3AM my time(California) :(

-Alex

3Pig

Building a tripod for my phone because I don't have a fancy camera :p

Phone and a long exposure app is all I need. Hopefully we all get some wicked cool pics :)

upaa27

Got a buddy who is going to use a $2200 lense snap a pic of it tomorrow. Excited to see it :)

Things

Perfect timing for it here .. starts about 8:30pm :D

Just have to actually remember to go out and look. Almost slept in and missed the total solar eclipse last year, after telling myself for years I wouldn't miss it :D

Last edited:
Yip when i heard there was going to be a blood moon on the Radio today , 1st thing that come to mind was all of Us @ LPF and my Lasers,
Its gona be here In New Zealand in 1 hour from now, its quite cloudy though,
I dont really have a good camera like some of the others here but il have a go at photos with our little camera...
Im sure the Bois here will get us some good Pictures!

Last edited:

ru124t

Supposed to be spectacular here. If its not cloudy I will get a shot or two for you.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm looking at it right now, totally eclipsed. A spectacular sight, get out and see it if you can!
This is one one of the rare occasions around here that an event like this is viewable, always seems to be cloudy skies during an eclipse or meteor shower.

PS - Thanks for the pics Things! :cool:

Last edited:

Things

Unfortunately my camera's sensor is tiny, so doesn't handle low light well. My pics are all coming out with a bunch of sensor noise :( This is probably the best moon pic I've taken with it:

Mattronium

Got up at 5:30am Michigan time to see the beginning, and watched until "moon set" at 7:42am. Unfortunately the only camera I had access to was a phone camera, which made the moon look more like a blob than anything else.

Last edited:

Sta

We had crappy weather over here in NJ. We couldn't see the moon when it was fully eclipsed, as it was behind clouds, though I did shine some lasers at it while it was partially eclipsed :D
Of course, I took some pictures too.