Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bit of help please

astro

hi guys'n'girls need some advice from the experts in choosing the right laser for astronomy
to put on my telescope instead of a finder scope i don't need it to burn anything
but powerful enough so you can see it against the night sky
don't know what's the best colour as never seen one personally only on youtube
and what is the life span of a laser so please any recommendation don't want to go out and buy a laser that wont suite my needs
thanks

diachi

Well I'd recommend a 5-30mW green. Now if you don't mind spending a bit more you could get it from somewhere like www.laserglow.com but if you want a cheap one then go to www.dealextreme.com ( If your in the US you'll need to ask a member on this forum to order it for you and send it to you ). Hope this helps. Also try and get one with a clicky switch ;)

-Adam

For astronomy I recommend the Aries 20 from Laserglow.
Then you don't have to worry about the maximum time you can leave it on and still isn't so bright that it ruins your night vision

Diachi said:
Well I'd recommend a 5-30mW green. Now if you don't mind spending a bit more you could get it from somewhere like www.laserglow.com but if you want a cheap one then go to www.dealextreme.com ( If your in the US you'll need to ask a member on this forum to order it for you and send it to you ). Hope this helps. Also try and get one with a clicky switch  ;)

-Adam

ask around.. there are plenty of adult trustworthy people in canada that will help you get it in the US

Send a PM to ( scopeguy20 ) & ask him what he uses, he's an astronomer ;) rob :cool: