Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Biostimulation with Red Laser Pointers

ldelre

Hello, I was surfing regarding laser pointers, and found this site. I just published a book called: Rejuvenation, in which I give protocols for people doing their own laser therapy at home. Yes, I am here to tell people about it, and I figure that laser pointer fans would find this fascinating. Chronic body aches like tendinitis and bursitis can be helped greatly with just a standard 5 mW red laser pointer, and I tell folks just how to do it. Some seroius diseases respond greatly to laser therapy. Rheumatoid arthritis, diabetic numb feet, organs and glands show vast potential for rejuvenation. There are over 2400 published research papers produced over 30 years that show that low level laser therapy is safe and effective when used as directed. I give dosages for a 5 mW laser pointer, and also for a 100 mw unfocused laser for professionals.

I'll be notified it anyone has a question, and will respond. It's my hobby, my passion, and I want the world to know about this drug-free "miracle".

No "Rush Limbaugh"s please, unless you have read a laser therapy book.

Lawrence DelRe

Very interesting. I'm not sure I'd be up for the 5mw info. But please tell me more about the unfocused higher power laser therapy and what it can be used for. Like lets say a red 200mw laser, focused to twice as large as your 100mw method.

It wouldn't be replacing medication by any means (at least to me) but if it were to help in some case, it would be good to try out.

ldelre

Hi Lotus_Darkrose,

There are volumes of information available. I'm new here so I can't post my blog or website, and that's where you can find a lot of the information in one place. If you Google "low level laser research" you will be kept busy for weeks. At Amazon, you can look inside Rejuvenation and see a lot there.

In short, I have been using a 100 mw unfocused invisible red laser that I built from scratch about 5 years ago. That is a quite powerful laser to use, for biositmulation, and I would not suggest using a 200 mW laser pointer, especially if it has a lens. About a year ago, it occured to me how nobody in mainstream medicine gives a darn about this, and I thought that a simple 5 mW red laser pointer could do the trick, it is just a matter of the math. So,
I did the math, and started trying it out. It does work, and it is safe for the public to use. There are a few dangers, such as illuminating the glands too much, and I give plenty of warnings when there can be danger.

Any bursitis or tendinitis, including failed rotator cuff surgeries can be successfully treated, and this is very safe.

I listed some specific conditions in my first post, so I guess you are asking how does it work?

Biostimulation with coherent light is done by pressing the tip of the laser against the skin. It has been proven to increase ATP production by as much as 300%. This is like saying your cells are jogging. It increases angiogenesis in wounds, and osteogenesis in broken bones. It helps with nerve regeneration. It increases local growth factor. I use it on my thyroid to drop weight and keep it down. (Do not do this without a guide, it is a high risk procedure.) The FDA recently passed a device to grow back hair. The first indication of biostimulation was in 1967 when a Dr. Endre Mester was trying to cause cancer with those new-fangled lasers. He was unable to cause cancer, but the rat's shaved hair grew back at a much faster rate than the un-lasered rats. That was the beginning.

There is so much more. Google it and see the proof.

How do you know it is red if it's invisible? ;)

But maybe you can answer my 200mw red laser question better if I word it a little better. If I were to use a 200mw red laser for therapy, what should the focus look like? Like if i were to point the red laser at a surface from an inch away, how big would the dot have to be to know it can be used safely?

I'm guessing it will be differ because IR lasers affect skin a lot differently than a 635-660nm red laser.

ldelre

At 830 nm, they just call it invisible red. It is just under the most dangerous class, mainly because you can't tell if you are being blinded. Goggles are an obvious must. At 830 nm, it penetrates melanin and water better, as well as hemoglobin. However, 635 to 660 nm is a classic wavelength range in laser therapy, and it may be even better with some conditions, even though it does not penetrate as quite as deeply. The laser is pressed against the skin, perpendicular, and kept moving. Illumination of the blood has been done for over 80 years, and the Russians are the ones that have researched and used it that long. When lasers came out in 1960, they of course started doing the same things with laser light. It has fascinating positive effects on the flexibility of red blood cells, blood vessels, the heart, and so much more that if I kept up with this, it might get boring. In my book I give instructions for professionals to convert a 100 mW laser pointer to a therapeutic coherent light, by simply removing the lens. It is held against the skin, for deeper penetration. A 5 mW laser pointer will penetrate about 1 cm. A 100 mw red unfocused laser will penetrate tissue, keeping some coherence, about 2 to 2.5 cm. Some people disagree, and say the coherence is lost at skin contact. There is good proof otherwise.

Time is the critical issue, regarding dosage. I have been advised to avoid giving explicit instructions online, or really anywhere. A person needs to have the whole picture to attempt to do this safely. There are quite a few textbooks out there, on Amazon, and elsewhere.

About Low Level Laser treatment (Not actual lasers used for medicinal purposes)...What book do you recommend the most?

ldelre

The book I wrote is meant for the average person, as well as the clinician. It is called "Rejuvenation". The other textbooks are meant for people with a clinical background. If you go to Amazon, and search for low level laser, or low intensity laser therapy, you will see a number of textbooks available. Dr. Fred Kahn has written a number of them, he was a surgeon that got into light/laser therapy about 18 years ago. I visited his clinic in Toronto, and was so impressed that I got into it. The primary book I used is called "Laser Therapy" by Drs. Jan Tuner and Lars Hode, two Swedes. Jan Tuner was kind enough to write a review of my book. Their book is no longer available, although you can sometimes find a used one. Amazon ran out of my first books, and if you check mine out there, you'll see that they are not in stock, however I just shipped them more books. My aim is to bring this technology to the medical mainstream from the bottom up. They can't ignore it forever, and I feel that without something like this it will take 100 years to bring it to the public.

After reading about it online, and seeing a lot of professional tests done with real lasers and lasers that were not even turned on as a placebo...This whole low level laser treatment is looking A LOT like the whole "magnet therapy" thing.

I will stick to 800mg ibuprofen or extra strength vicodin when I have muscle aches/pains. And would seek physical therapy for any long term pain related disorders.

Good luck on selling your book though :-/

ldelre

I am just trying to inform folks about a drug-free, safe, proven way to help themselves. Please take a look at what you just said. 800 mg ibuprofen and vicodin? I am a chiropractor, and there is nothing so sad as a patient who is sent by an MD because they are hooked on opiates. They are usually useless to the ones around them, they are not organized enough to make their appointments, and I think it is a tragedy. It's interesting that you brought up magnet therapy. As a chiropractor, I get all kinds of "magic bullet" cures across my desk. I've decided that if a new idea sticks around and grows for 5 years or more, there might be something to it. My parents' next door neighbor is a trauma surgeon here in Pittsburgh, and is the one who actually worked on Big Ben Roethlesberger when he smashed his face in that motorcycle accident. His wife bought a mattress pad with magnets imbedded throughout, and he swears that it helped his knees and shoulder pain. I don't know. What I do know is that when doctors hand out scripts for opiates, a certain percentage of people must become addicts. I know what they are like because I deal with them. They are negative, unhappy people, mostly without jobs, who drag everyone down in their household. The FDA has also approved a low level laser treatment of lymphadema caused by breast cancer/mastectomy. My wife uses low level laser for breast tenderness, and it lasts for months. This has the potential to be a breast cancer preventative, because chronic inflammation can contribute to cancer. It decreases inflammation because it causes a healing cascade. I honestly believe that low level laser therapy will dominate medicine in 100 years. It is proven to be safe, and an intellegent person can try and decide for themselves. Thanks for listening.

Alright I don't need to take a look at what I just said, because I was fully aware of what I was saying.

Low Level Laser Treatment will dominate medicine?  ;D

Hey, I have ADHD, Manic Depression, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Do you suggest a laser pointer suppository and a magnet helmet? Or should I take my evil medicine?

And when I get my wisdom teeth pulled eventually, when the dentist writes me a prescription for pain meds, I'll just laugh at him and tell him "Pain meds? Get real man. I'm shining a laser on this when I get home." Because from what you said, the majority of people on Earth are addicted to pain medication since it's such a astronomical problem. Even though it is still being addicted to something. If it wasn't pain meds it would be cocaine, meth, or the latter.

JLSE

ldelre said:
I am just trying to inform folks about a drug-free, safe, proven way to help themselves. Please take a look at what you just said. 800 mg ibuprofen and vicodin? I am a chiropractor, and there is nothing so sad as a patient who is sent by an MD because they are hooked on opiates. They are usually useless to the ones around them, they are not organized enough to make their appointments, and I think it is a tragedy. It's interesting that you brought up magnet therapy. As a chiropractor, I get all kinds of "magic bullet" cures across my desk. I've decided that if a new idea sticks around and grows for 5 years or more, there might be something to it. My parents' next door neighbor is a trauma surgeon here in Pittsburgh, and is the one who actually worked on Big Ben Roethlesberger when he smashed his face in that motorcycle accident. His wife bought a mattress pad with magnets imbedded throughout, and he swears that it helped his knees and shoulder pain. I don't know. What I do know is that when doctors hand out scripts for opiates, a certain percentage of people must become addicts. I know what they are like because I deal with them. They are negative, unhappy people, mostly without jobs, who drag everyone down in their household. The FDA has also approved a low level laser treatment of lymphadema caused by breast cancer/mastectomy. My wife uses low level laser for breast tenderness, and it lasts for months. This has the potential to be a breast cancer preventative, because chronic inflammation can contribute to cancer. It decreases inflammation because it causes a healing cascade. I honestly believe that low level laser therapy will dominate medicine in 100 years. It is proven to be safe, and an intellegent person can try and decide for themselves. Thanks for listening.

Im sorry, but when I broke my leg in two places, if a doctor came up to me with a laser pointer or magnets I would have probably beaten him with the laser screaming 'give me drugs!!!' Im not going to say what I would have done with the magnets :-X

ldelre

Lotus_Darkrose:

I was thinking after I sent that last one off, that you may take it personally. Sorry if that was how it was received.

Low level laser therapy is safe and effective for chronic physical problems. A few pain pills for tooth extraction is not a problem, it is the long term use for chronic pain that is the problem. However, I do have a chapter regarding teeth, bone, and gums. A person can ward off a root canal, if there is no decay or infection. A person can insure a successful tooth implant procedure, with stronger bone holding it in, using coherent light therapy. There is much research and practical experience backing me up.

My focus is primarily on chronic physical problems. I don't see where it would help with the other issues you are facing.
-----------------------------:

black_ice_pc:

I will be back to answer questions to the best of my ability.

---------------------------:

Coherent light therapy has been shown to:
• Decrease dental hypersensitivity.†, 245, 246
• Help with pain from orthodontic adjustments.†, 247
• Help teeth heal after drilling and filling.†, 248
• Have a positive effect on dental pulp.†, 249
• Help with pain after endodontic surgery.†, 250
• Help bone heal better and stronger after dental implant surgery.†, 251,252,253,254,255,

245 Effect of the clinical application of the GaAlAs laser in the treatment of dentine hypersensitivity.
Ana Lucia Marsilio, José Roberto Rodrigues, Alessandra Bühler Borges J Clin Laser Med Surg Oct
2003 (Vol. 21, Issue 5, Pages 291-6)
246 Th e eff ectiveness of the Nd:YAG laser in the treatment of dental hypersensitivity.Gelskey SC,
White JM, Pruthi VK.J Can Dent Assoc. 1993 Apr;59(4):377-8, 383-6.
247 A clinical investigation of the effi cacy of low level laser therapy in reducing orthodontic postadjustment
pain. H M Lim, K K Lew, D K Tay Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop Dec 1995 (Vol. 108,
Issue 6, Pages 614-22)
248 Eff ects of low- power red laser on dentine– pulp interface after cavity preparation. An ultrastructural
study Bruno Miranda Godoy, Victor Elias Arana-Chavez, Silvia Cristina Núñez, Martha
Simões Ribeiro Archives of Oral Biology September 2007 (Vol. 52, Issue 9, Pages 899-903)
249 Eff ect of GaAIAs Laser on Reactional Dentinogenesis Induction in Human Teeth Adriana Nayme
Segovia Ferreira, Landulfo Silveira, Walter Joao Genovese, Vera Cavalcante de Araujo, Lucio Frigo,
Ricardo Alves de Mesquita, Eduardo Guedes. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery. June 1, 2006,
24(3): 358-365. doi:10.1089/pho.2006.24.358.
250 Effi cacy of low level laser therapy in reducing postoperative pain after endodontic surgery—A randomized
double blind clinical study. M. B. Kreislera, f1, H. Al Haja, N. Noroozia, B. Willershausenb
and B. D’hoedta International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Volume 33, Issue 1, February
2004, Pages 38-41
251 Low-level laser therapy stimulates bone–implant interaction: an experimental study in rabbits
Clin Oral Implants Res. 2004; 15 (3): 325-332. Khadra M, Ronold H J, Lyngstadaas S P, Ellingsen J
E, Haanaes H R.
252 Osseointegration Of Endosseous Ceramic Implants After Postoperative Low-Power Laser Stimulation:
An In Vivo Comparative Study Guzzardella GA, Torricelli P, Nicoli-Aldini N, Giardino
R.Department of Experimental Surgery/Codivilla-Putti Research Institute, Rizzoli Orthopaedic
Institute, Bologna, Italy. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2003 Apr;14(2):226-32.
DelRe_interior.indd Sec1:134 3/2/09 3:48:06 PM
253 Enhancement of bone formation in rat calvarial bone defects using low-level laser therapy. Oral
Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology, & Endodontics. 97(6):693-700, June 2004.
Khadra, Maawan S, MSc a; Kasem, Nesrin S, MSc b; Haanaes, Hans R. DMD, MD, PhD c; Ellingsen,
Jan E. S, PhD d; Lyngstadaas, Stale P. S,
254 Eff ect Of Low-Power Laser Irradiation On Bony Implant Sites. Dortbudak O, Haas R, Mailath-
Pokorny G.Department of Oral Surgery, Dental School, University of Vienna, Austria.Clin Oral
Implants Res. 2002 Jun;13(3):288-92.
255 Eff ects Of Visible NIR Low Intensity Laser On Implant Osseointegration In Vivo. Laser Med Surg
Abstract issue, 2002: 11. Blay A, Blay C C, Groth E B et al.
256 Infl uence of low-level laser treatment on bone regeneration and osseointegration of dental implants
following sinus augmentation: an experimental study on sheep. Jakse N, Payer M, Tangl S,
Berghold A, Kirmeier R, Lorenzoni M. Clin. Oral Impl. Res. 18, 2007; 517-524

ldelre

One other thing, I asked not to be "Rush Limbaughed" by those who have not read a laser therapy book. It's very easy to point fingers, even if someone has no knowledge but hate and blame.

JLSE

ldelre said:
One other thing, I asked not to be "Rush Limbaughed" by those who have not read a laser therapy book. It's very easy to point fingers, even if someone has no knowledge but hate and blame.

If that was directed at me, I must say that I was just making a point... I have been in severe pain in my past, sorta accident prone if you will.

I  have wiped out on dirt bikes, a good spin out in a car which came to a rest on the guardrail (sideways) at 140kn/h, and was hit by a car @ 15 on a 2 lane blacktop by a car doing over 100 km/h (still have the police report) while crossing a side road on my mountain bike, and had my knee crushed by the back end of a 9,000lb forklift.

I will take drugs over anything when the pain is too extreme. I have actually tried using a laser after much reading to aid in a bad wisdom tooth. The lyphnode in my neck began to swell, and wanted to try this miraculous healing technique. 5 days into this "treatment" I almost ended up in the hospital with a severe infection. This was in between rigourous sterilizing with peroxide etc, the laser did nothing..

While I agree with some of the theroy, trying it in real situations did nothing.  Just my experiance of course, but I would not bother trying it twice.

[/Rush Limbaugh]