Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beware of Boblaser !!!

Hallo all,

i Ordered the BGP-020 (400MW ) from Boblaser, and was very dissapointed after i got it. It Has a very Bad Quality. The Beam is too thick about 5 mm and that is the case why it can not do any thing. Tomorrow or on Monday i will get my Laserbee, then i can tell you all the real output power with the Bad Beam and the Power if i Focus it with another lens . I will buy other optics for it (lenses )and will make a better Heatsink.
Don´t buy from Boblaser. I wanted to send it Back but Boblaser give me no response to my e-mails now...so if i send it back the laser is gone and my Money (550 USD ).

just tested it now with the laserbee ...it peaks at 201mw and goes back to 150 mw...fuck 550 USD for a 150 MW pointer ....shit happens....

Benm

That's pretty pathetic for something rated 400 mW... and its not even that cheap either. I hope you'll get a refund!

That's too bad.... :'(

So.... BobLaser is a ripoff artist... :-/

Keep trying to contact him... to get a refund.... :cool:

Send him a registered letter... stating that you want to be refunded for
a defective Laser he sold you... ;)

Jerry

Benm

Any chance of filing a paypal or credit card fraud dispute, or did you pay using other means?

I did pay via paypal, i send them e-mails, but they do not give me any response to my mails..morning i will call paypal hotline and will ask if i send it back ( trackable ) that i will get my money back....the service of boblaser is bad too because they do not give me a answer ....

Razako

Typical Chinese scammercrap company. Boblaser/highlaser/warnlaser they're all the same. Don't buy from them EVER!

I've posted at least twice that boblaser is crap.

I hope things goes well.

Just got a e-mail from boblaser .....hellen is back ...she was somewhere else.... she told me that i should make pictures ...and send her....perhabs all will be went good....i hope it.....

This is exceptionally unfortunate, as I had negotiated with them and recommended someone to buy their lasers. I should've been more cautious.

Also, judging from their price sheet, this looks like Day's supplier in the Group Buy thread. Can anyone confirm?

Why don't you just file a dispute in PayPal directly rather than calling? That way your money is "safe" for now, but remember, don't close the dispute until you are sure it is all settled - once it's closed you cannot re-open!

i made a dispute on paypal, but they said that i criticise the quality, they have not understand it and closed it this is the case that i will call them ....that they understand it and reopen it over the hotline...i do not want to send the item back and lose both ( item and the money ), so i call paypal and make a dispute over the hotline.

DIGITDUCK said:
just tested it now with the laserbee ...it peaks at 201mw and goes back to 150 mw...fuck 550 USD for a 150 MW pointer ....shit happens....
Hi DIGITDUCK,
Try putting a decent IR filter between the laser and your laserbee and I'm sure you'll find the 532nm output to be less than 90mw. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you do get what you pay for; anyone who thinks they are going to get a real 400mW 532nm laser for $600 is nuts.

REVENGE said:
This is exceptionally unfortunate, as I had negotiated with them and recommended someone to buy their lasers.  I should've been more cautious.

Also, judging from their price sheet, this looks like Day's supplier in the Group Buy thread.  Can anyone confirm?
Hi Revenge,
Bob laser is not a manufacturer, just another china retailer or I should be more specific, just another domain name used by china retailer; this retailer goes by many names, boblaser, warnlaser and others.

I just looked at the photos listed in that group buy and they are same models that "boblaser" sells, in fact some of the pictures closely match those on the boblaser website. For instance the picture of the "water proof" laser that is setting under water in a rock bed was taken in the same photo shoot. If you look at this picture and rotate it 180 degrees, you will see that it was taken at the same time as the rocks even match up.

Just to mention, if you manage to get the money back and have access to milling equipment, the best way to get that much power would be a module from o-like along with your own host. That way you can be assured of the quality - Suzie's modules (One of the people at o-like) have been verified on here and perform at least at the specification that they quote. Here's the thread of someone who did similar, and if it's peak power you're after, his unit was hitting 540mW:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1230788830