Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

beta HTD Blu Ray Laser results

This is a prototype laser that I hope to start making more of. I'll try to make a tutorial if anyone else wants to make it also. I used one of my [link=http://hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=10]Aixiz Rkcstr Blu Ray 405nm Laser Modules[/link] with some hot glue on the inside of the project box with a rkcstr driver and [link=http://hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4]phr803t module[/link] in a [link=http://mysite.verizon.net/grall/darkhorsecustom/id47.html]Dark Horse Heat Sink[/link] with [link=http://hightechdealz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=18]9V[/link] battery inside a project box from radioshack.
aixizrkcstrbeams%20copy.gif

aixizrkcstrbeams2%20copy.gif

htdlaserbuild%20copy.gif

htdlaserbuild2%20copy.gif

htdlaserbuild3%20copy.gif

htdlaserbuild4%20copy.gif

htdlaserbeam%20copy.gif

htdlaserbeam2%20copy.gif

htdlaserbeam3%20copy.gif

htdlaserbeam4%20copy.gif

htdlaser%20copy.gif

htdlaser2%20copy.gif

htdlaser3%20copy.gif

htdlaser4%20copy.gif

Edit: Version 1.1!
HTDlaser.gif

HTDinside.gif

HTDinside2.gif

HTDinside3.gif

HTDinside4.gif

HTDinside5.gif

thanks,
Kendall

Liberty1992 said:
thats kool man, how much would you sell this for?
I'm thinking about $100. I'm going to change the design though and add a push button that you have to turn on before using the switch. This would be a safety feature b/c the switch is really easy to turn on. I need to get some more Rkcstr drivers first though.

is 110mW right? and you should really try to cut the size down, maybe try one of radio shack's smaller project boxes

Yes, <110mW is correct. I just did a laser power meter test and max was 93mW. I think the battery may have worn down some though as 150mA usually would give 120mW max.

and I'm using the smallest radioshack box available.

The project box laser is 4" x 2" x 1". i just took some videos of some fireworks with this bad boy, it works great b/c of the heat sink allows me to leave the laser on for long periods of time and not worry about it, so for focusing it to a certain spot to light a smoke bomb the heat sink helps a LOT

video comin up in a sec
edit: here it is:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RfpxWSaXy4[/media]

Post the inside of your box, id like to see the heat sink and the bits inside.

nice video, its cool when the smoke illuminates the beam. and i agree post some pics of the inside, I'm intrigued by your talk of the laser's heatsink

Liberty1992 said:
nice video, its cool when the smoke illuminates the beam. and i agree post some pics of the inside, I'm intrigued by your talk of the laser's heatsink
yeah smoke bombs are coo; like that :) at night you'd be able to see the beam the whole time though w/o smoke. you can see the beam during the day too but you have to be viewing from a small angle (like directly behind the laser)

ill take a pic of the inside for u guys. it's a very basic circuit.
I'm going to modify it to have a safety push button that u have to press before it will turn on with the switch, I'll take some pics while I'm doing that and post it

edit: oh yeah, and encase anyone is wondering, this laser is already reserved and is sold. i can make many more though, just let me know if you'd like one. $95 shipped each.

sure, maybe some other time though, i already got a blu-ray module I'm gonna buy, then i need more money, which most likely means I'm gonna hafta get a job :mad:

Liberty1992 said:
sure, maybe some other time though, i already got a blu-ray module I'm gonna buy, then i need more money, which most likely means I'm gonna hafta get a job  :mad:
You can always ask the parents for money :) or sell some of your stuff, then buy more lasers!! haha

but yeah, I updated my 1st post with the insides. I added a push button for safety reasons, the switch won't do anything unless the push button has been pushed to on. i made a video of how this works and will upload it soon

edit: here's the video of how it works, might take a sec to process as i just put it on youtube like 5 seconds ago
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcykAFP0Xvc[/media]

I cant even see a heat sink on there ? Can you get a close up on the heat sink, or point out where it is ? Thanks

Wesdaman14 said:
I cant even see a heat sink on there ? Can you get a close up on the heat sink, or point out where it is ? Thanks

its inside the box and he already said he would post a picture, give it some time.

very informative video and damn that circuit is simple, lol. you should put an LED in it too, so you know when you pushed the push button that current is flowing and it should turn on.

other than that really great work

Wesdaman14 said:
it's black so it blends in, you can see it in the 2nd picture.

Liberty1992 said:
very informative video and damn that circuit is simple, lol. you should put an LED in it too, so you know when you pushed the push button that current is flowing and it should turn on.

other than that really great work
Thats a good idea.. i'm not sure if it'd work though, a lighted push button would probably be better and I could try to use one of those on the next ones. do you want one?

i don't have that kinda money right now, unless i can sell off a bunch of my stuff at school or w/e i really wont have that kind of money until after Christmas.
I'm only askin for cash and its all goin towards lasers!!! lol