Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bestofferbuy.com 200mw bad review

I ordered a 200mw red laser from bestofferbuy.com, in the pics it shows the same laser as the DX dilda. I received a totally different laser that says 200mw on it but it does not burn anything. It doesn't have an adjustable head to focus the beam either, and it takes AAA batteries while the dilda takes CR2. I emailed customer service and they told me they wont refund me or send me the correct one. They said thats the one their supplier gives them. This is totally false advertising. Right now i just put a claim through paypal for a refund so ill see what happens with that.

I would send them a link to here, so they can see how much bad rep this is gonna give them.
They may change their mind...

yes i told them i would give them bad feedback on here if they didn't respond and they haven't. It doesn't help they take at least 2-3 days to respond to anything either.

From what you described I can only picture a 5-10mW pen style red. Is that what it is?

If not focusable, it probably has a fat beam set to infinity. That huge beam won't burn, but you can test it by putting black marker on your skin and putting the laser on that spot. If it stings, its of pretty good power. If not, its not.

hmm....but i thought they have indicated that it is powered by AAA battery on the product page isn't it? i have bought laser pointers from them too but never had a problem

Benm

I emailed customer service and they told me they wont refund me or send me the correct one. They said thats the one their supplier gives them.

These guys have no idea what they are doing, do they?

It's like serving someone who ordered a steak a bucket of crap, and then saying "well, no refund, that is what the chef made!" - which is likely true, but was probably collected from the wrong end of said chef.

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/highpow...-p-6978.html?zenid=hbpcicuqplthm6cbneb05bm4o4 is what you ordered, right? Clearly displays a focusable head and 2 cr2 cells - pics look identical to dx's.

In fact, i think they must have stolen them: look at the digital sliderule with exactly the same number on it. Since the head is partly unscrewed, it seems impossible to get the same reading down to 5 digits (!) by accident ;)

Hello All,

This is what happened to me with this company. (I posted about it here- http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1224308565.)

Bait and switch seems to be the rule with them rather than the exception. The laser they sent me was-
a) not what I ordered
b) underspec
c) ran pulsed instead of CW
d) only worked for about a week.

When it died, I put a 40-50mW from standstone11 in the host and I'm much happier now... However I won't order from bestofferbuy again as in general, I prefer to receive what I order.

It does occur to me that with these sketchy chinese resellers the best recourse for those of us in the US may be to inform Paypal and the FDA of their dealings. It's my understanding that dealextreme stopped shipping to the US because paypal started reversing payments to them after items had shipped, thus costing them money. For kingofqueenz this may be the only way to get a refund. Paypal will not help you with bait and switch. They only get involved if you do not receive your item.

cheers,
kernelpanic

have pics but i cant post them yet because i dont have enought posts, I already made a paypal disput saying the item was different than described, =m in the US, is there anyway i can escalated this to a paypal claim and tell them they sent me this in the Us to get my money back without getting myself in trouble?

You can escalate it to a claim immediately after filing a dispute.

I don't see how you'll get in trouble; it was SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) which should return all your money except for shipping fees.

kingofqueenz said:
have pics but i cant post them yet because i dont have enought posts, I already made a paypal disput saying the item was different than described, =m in the US, is there anyway i can escalated this to a paypal claim and tell them they sent me this in the Us to get my money back without getting myself in trouble?

Of course you can't, that's what paypal is good for, protecting the buyers and sellers.

if you received a different item, if it ends up in you needing to send the item back, MAKE SURE it is recorded post, that way you can show them the tracking number, and prove you did send it.

from the site:

Below is the description of the product ($41.50) before 11th December. Please note that if you placed your order before 11th December, you will receive a 200mw red laser run on AAA battery. We have reported cases that only certain types of batteries will cause it to burn a match stick or burn a paper. As a result, kindly contact us if you would like to upgrade your red laser pointer to the one above.

so..... heard they to you ?...is it all ok?

Benm said:
I emailed customer service and they told me they wont refund me or send me the correct one. They said thats the one their supplier gives them.

These guys have no idea what they are doing, do they?

It's like serving someone who ordered a steak a bucket of crap, and then saying "well, no refund, that is what the chef made!" - which is likely true, but was probably collected from the wrong end of said chef.

(LINK) is what you ordered, right? Clearly displays a focusable head and 2 cr2 cells - pics look identical to dx's.

In fact, i think they must have stolen them: look at the digital sliderule with exactly the same number on it. Since the head is partly unscrewed, it seems impossible to get the same reading down to 5 digits (!) by accident ;)
good catch, the pictures are exactly the same (besides the website name over it they added). even the description is strangely close to DX. but they added "Note: actually look might varies", i doubt they ever had this laser.