Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Wicked Laser for burning under $100?

DJNY

They are both not focusable, a $45 O-Like 650nm laser would burn a way better.

The Sonar S1 is the better burner of your two options.

200mW is 200mW, both would be about the same in energy out. Violet can technically be focused to a smaller point though.. so you could get a higher energy density with it (better buring ability with external lens). Also 405nm can burn certain things that a 650nm laser will jsut reflect off of.

Soon Wicked will be offering 250-500mW models in red, green or blue (445) for $199, so you might want to wait an check those out if you are interested. Not sure about violet though.

Last edited:
They are both not focusable, a $45 O-Like 650nm laser would burn a way better.

The Sonar S1 is the better burner of your two options.

I know there are cheaper ones out there but none of them ship to the USA that I've found.

DJNY

I know there are cheaper ones out there but none of them ship to the USA that I've found.

Most reputable laser companies ship to the US, including O-Like. Recheck your informations..

Most reputable laser companies ship to the US, including O-Like. Recheck your informations..

My mistake let me rephrase that then what is the best laser for burning that's under $100 and ships to the USA O-like has 5 or six of each color and there probably other sites too then. I don't know if red, green, violet or blue would be the best burner and I would assume if a $45 o-like burns good a $80+ dollar one should burn better.

Last edited:
My mistake let me rephrase that then what is the best laser for burning that's under $100 and ships to the USA O-like has 5 or six of each color and there probably other sites too then. I don't know if red, green, violet or blue would be the best burner and I would assume if a $45 o-like burns good a $80+ dollar one should burn better.

The cost of a laser doesn't always have anything to do with how well it can "burn". The technology used to make the laser is more of a factor to cost. For example you can get a 200mW+ 650nm (red) laser for under $100, however a 50mW 473nm (blue) will cost $1000 or more yet it is only 1/4 the power.

If you just want a laser to "burn", then you will want to most mW you can get for under $100. If the laser does not have a built in means of focusing the beam (most are collimated to attempt to have a thin beam go for a long distance), then you will need to use external optics to focus the laser. However with enough mW the laser will be able to light matches, pop balloons and generally burn certain things even without an external focusing lens.