Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best way to carry a Nova X-Series?

KRyan

I ordered an X-Series Nova, the wait is killing me, I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions on transporting it. I know it fits in a pocket, but I fairly clumsy and I want to keep the lens debris free. Any tricks, cases, or 'do it your self' construct tips to keep one of these safe and clean?

biRdie

Because it has a clip you can maybe stuck it on your shirt pocket or on the pockets of your jeans, it can mayhang outside.

i always keep mine in the carrying case it came with when im not using it. i know its big and bulky but all the pants/shorts i own have cargo pockets so its not that big of a deal. i never put mine in my pocket unprotected because green laser pointers are fragile and it only takes one good bump to knock the crystals out of alignment.

Just my 2 copper.

Razako

biRdie said:
Because it has a clip you can maybe stuck it on your shirt pocket or on the pockets of your jeans, it can mayhang outside.
Don't put them in your pocket unless they are in case or bag. There is no better way to get lint and debris on the lens than putting them in your pocket unprotected.

You could design something to fit over the aperture, like a rubber cap that just slips on

Amnizu

I've heard that many people will put a bit of tape over the aperture and then stick it in their pocket to keep it dirt/lint free. Also, the Wickedlasers Dragon Case will fit the X-series just fine, and in my experience it's a pretty good little case for keeping your exterior nice and scratch-free.

a cheap and effective one (i've been thinking A LOT about this since my dx 30 arrived, because the case is too big) would be wrapping it up with bubble-wrap :p

You can also cut out some nice clear plastic and put it in the gold aperture cover. I would recommend the plastic covering most cell phone screens. It works better than tape and you don't have to remove a rubber cover or tape every time you take it out.

i put a condom over my laser, it fits the whole laser, and protects from debris ;D