Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best tripod mount??

I'm looking for a way to mount lasers to a tripod and was wondering what people are using. It would be nice to have something that would work for barrels ranging from about 1/2" to 1 1/2".

What are you guys using?

artix

I use this [smiley=smiley_down.gif]
P8210006.jpg

Thanks for the link Artix... I was looking for something on DX but couldn't find anything.

I sent a PM to phoenix77. Can you throw me another bone jamilm9?

well i got a nice custom made one for my x-125 with a tripod for $40 shipped to canada .Worth the money.But its $20 for a small pen one and $25 for a bigger one.

pic sorry don't know how to resize

Attachments

• DSCN1689.JPG
    DSCN1689.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 503
@abadcaffeinetrip - I like the looks of those. Does the screw have a plastic tip or anything to protect from scratching the laser? About how much to these weigh? They look heavy. I wonder how easy it would be to attach something on the bottom to be mounted in a tripod. Hmmm

Justin said:
Laserglow sells specially-made tripod mounts for the Aries, Hercules and Galileo. If your laser is the same size as one of these you may really like our GlowMount tripod adaptor! Check it out: http://www.laserglow.com/index.php?glowmount

I saw those mounts when I started looking a couple weeks ago. I really liked the looks of them, but quit looking when I couldn't quite figure them out. Can you answer a few questions?

1. The specs do not show an inside diameter. What is the inside diameter on these?

2. How is the barrel of the laser stabilized in the mount? I don't see any thumbscrews holding it in place. There must be something holding it in place since one of the pictures shows the laser pointed straight down, yet it isn't falling out.

3. Does my laser barrel have to be the EXACT same size or is their room for some adjustment?

4. Is the inside covered with plastic or rubber? Is there concern for scratching the laser barrel?

5. Do you sell those tripods? What is the manufacturer and model number for that smallest tripod?

Thanks!!!